Cesar Azpilicueta is expected to start at right-back but will have to cover David Luiz or Andreas Christensen at centre-back should either man pick up a knock during the game. For the last two trainings we played with Azpilicueta at centre back.
Rudiger made a surprise return against United just 14 days after his knee injury first surfaced against Liverpool last month, and Sarri revealed that his defender tried to play through the pain despite knowing the issue would require surgery.
Talisman Hazard was a surprise omission from Sarri's starting line-up for Thursday night's semi-final first leg at Eintracht Frankfurt despite travelling to Germany and the huge importance of the game at the Commerzbank Arena.
"I have a good feeling for this competition, and had one also while at Napoli, but, at the moment, we need to finish in the top four in the Premier League", said Sarri, who has never won a major honour as a head coach. I don't want him to play for 90 minutes'.
Klopp: Salah deserved a place in Team of the Year
The former Celtic man has been a revelation in Liverpool's backline and was this week named the PFA Players' Player of the Year. A total of 6 Man City players are included, with only Paul Pogba included from outside the two title chasing sides.
"We are in trouble with the centre-backs".
"We've played 58 matches and in the past we were lucky with injuries".
"Andreas has played 25 matches this season so he is ready", said Sarri. I hope he will be very fresh, mentally and physically. With both teams struggling to cement their top 4 places in the Premier League, could either have a chance of winning the Europa League? "The problem is the numbers".
- With the Premier League title and relegation still in the balance going into the penultimate game of the season, could we see any shocks this weekend?
Sarri is coming into the final weeks of an eventful season with a European trophy and Champions League qualification in his hands, but knows that the Bundesliga outfit will be the sternest test they will face in what has been a straight-forward run to the last four.
- Google's struggling Pixel sales invite comparison with Microsoft's smartphone failures
- Trump goes on retweeting tear as he continues to attack Biden
- Shooting reported at San Diego-area synagogue
- Three More State Players Chosen in NFL Draft
- Pressure grows on Attorney General Barr over Mueller
- Solskjaer: "I'm can assure you Pogba will be at United next season"
- Luis Suarez: "Anxiety" cost Liverpool the Premier League in 2014
- Nadal battles past Struff in Barcelona
- Neymar appears to strike fan after PSG lose French Cup final
- Spain election: Socialists consider next move after elections