Immediately after NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell announced the pick, Giant fans took to Twitter to announce their displeasure with the pick and members of the media laughed in the face of Jones. Whenever they turn the page to back their new heir to Eli Manning, here is a source of optimism.
"It's a wonderful thing when needs met value", general manager Dave Gettleman said after the round.
Daniel Jones can be the next franchise quarterback of the New York Giants, but fans aren't even giving him the benefit of the doubt before he walks in the building for his introductory press conference. He is a quarterback that Daniel Jeremiah of the NFL Network said had the "highest floor" of any player at his position in this draft.
Jones, a 6-5, 221-pound quarterback was a three-year starter for the Blue Devils.
"Who knows?" Gettleman responded before launching into a nihilist take.
Game of Thrones’ viewership takes dip from final season debut
Did you enjoy this week's episode of Game of Thrones? Expect these "wights" - or reanimated corpses - to turn on the living. HBO shared a Season 8 , Episode 3 preview on YouTube , and it's a heart-pounding tease for the Night King's arrival.
The SEC had 53 players taken in last year's draft. Lawrence may very well be the top interior defensive lineman in this draft, but he figures to be a rotational player along the Giants' defensive line.
Florida's Jawaan Taylor enters the stage after the Jacksonville Jaguars selected Taylor in the second round of the NFL football draft, Friday, April 26, 2019, in Nashville, Tenn. "That's really the long and the short of it".
NY selected Duke quarterback Daniel Jones sixth overall, and Clemson defensive tackle Dexter Lawrence 17th overall. "How many times have you watched a game, and the ends come screaming off the corner, and the quarterback steps up, and there's nobody there?"
"He's a quality run player and he's more than just a two-down run player", Gettleman said. Instead, they drafted two offensive linemen, including trading back into the first round for McGary, after spending a combined $11.5 million per year in free agency for guards James Carpenter and Jamon Brown and giving tackle Ty Sambrailo a $4.75 million contract extension.
"I had made a decision to stay for the", Gettleman said.
- Apple is spending millions each month on AWS
- Saudi Arabia: 37 killed in 'chilling' execution spree
- Philippines natural disaster : Horror as quake empties rooftop pool
- Behind another backcourt takeover, Blazers grab 3-1 lead over Thunder
- Amazon Shakes Up Fulfillment Centers to Prep for 1-Day Prime
- Huawei posts 39pc revenue growth in Q1 2019
- Best available players for Chiefs on Day 3 of 2019 National Football League draft
- Discredited liar Sarah Huckabee Sanders defends her constant lying
- World Health Organization says over 200 killed in fighting over Libyan capital
- HBO Reveals Game of Thrones Season 8, Episode 3 Photos