The airline said its SITA server has been hit since 3.30 am on Saturday, and that it was working to resolve the issue.
"SITA experienced a complex system issue during server maintenance early this morning, which resulted in operational disruption to Air India flights".
21 worldwide flights delayed by over 100 minutesClose to 70 flights were affected due to the server shutdown. "All affected passengers have been taken care of", said the official quoted above.
A similar incident took place on June 23 a year ago when a technical glitch in the airline " s check-in software delayed 25 of its flights across India. Air India senior executives, including CMD, directors, station heads rushed to airports to take control of situation & facilitate pax [passengers].
SITA, which is the world's leading air transport IT and communications specialist said that only Air India flights were affected by the technical glitch. The system has been restored.
Here's how much the OnePlus 7 Pro will cost
One thing that everyone knows for sure is that the OnePlus 7 will be powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 SoC. The Pro model will offer numerous upgrades over the vanilla model and it will be pricey (by OnePlus standards).
"We are undertaking a full investigation to understand the root cause and prevent a recurrence".
Air India said that the "temporary glitch" was restored at 8:45 am.
No other Indian airline apart from Air India uses SITA's PSS software.
"It is a technical glitch which will be restored soon": Air India chairman Air India chairman Ashwani Lohani told NDTV that the "airline's passenger's system is down".
India's aviation industry is in choppy waters after one of the country's largest private carriers, Jet Airways, last week halted its operations indefinitely following refusal by lenders to pay it cash to run day-to-day operations.
There were no flight cancellations and the airline expects operations to be back to normal by early evening, the spokesman said. All flights cancelled. Thousands of passengers stranded at the airport.
- Klopp: Salah deserved a place in Team of the Year
- Ford Is Getting a New Electric Vehicle from Michigan Startup Rivian
- Alabama Health Department: Person with measles visited Fort Payne, Livingston
- Chelsea boss Sarri: Why is Giroud complaining...?
- Iran and Pakistan to form rapid reaction force at border: Rouhani
- Shooting reported at San Diego-area synagogue
- Rami Malek Is Your Next James Bond Villain
- How Sharps Are Betting Capitals vs. Hurricanes Game 7
- Amazon Shakes Up Fulfillment Centers to Prep for 1-Day Prime
- World Health Organization says over 200 killed in fighting over Libyan capital