Nintendo says popular Switch software included "Super Smash Bros". That 12.7% increase year-over-year, along with an 86.7% increase in software sales for the year, contributed to the company's annual operating profit of 249.7 billion yen.
Buried within a broader article about traders shorting Nintendo stock, Bloomberg has cited two sources saying that cheaper version of the Switch will be released by the end of June. But a more "modest upgrade" to the standard Switch hardware could be coming before the end of the year, according to Bloomberg's sources.
As April winds down, it's once again time for Nintendo to bring investors up-to-speed with another financial report, this time covering the entire 2018 Fiscal Year ending March 2019.
For the 3DS, 13.22 million software units were sold for the fiscal year, with Nintendo stating that it will continue to drive sales of "evergreen titles" that will "leverage the hardware install base".
First Aid Squad hosts Easter Egg hunt
The Easter Bunny was a popular guest at Saturday's Easter egg hunt sponsored by the Point Pleasant Presbyterian Church. April 20 from 10 a.m.to noon (Easter egg hunt begins at 11 a.m.) @ 5901 W 84th St., Bloomington, bloomingtonmn.gov .
Expanding on a rumour they first published previous year, The Wall Street Journal now reports that Nintendo is planning on releasing two new models of the Switch, and both may be out in 2019.
Lifetime sales for Mario Kart 7 are now at 18.26 million units compared to last year's 17.04 million. A Nikkei report earlier this month suggests that those features would include better image rendering and usability changes, while the cheaper model would work with the existing Switch dock. "But we have no plans to announce that at this year's E3 in June", he added.
A next-gen Switch isn't in development, new sources close to the matter told Bloomberg.
- Trump declares some notes cited in Mueller report "total bullsh**"
- Tiger attacks and mauls zookeeper in Topeka, Kansas
- Afghan communications ministry attacked, at least two gunmen killed
- Chelsea boss Sarri: Why is Giroud complaining...?
- World Health Organization says over 200 killed in fighting over Libyan capital
- How Sharps Are Betting Capitals vs. Hurricanes Game 7
- Alabama Health Department: Person with measles visited Fort Payne, Livingston
- Samsung Galaxy Fold launch events postponed in China, Hong Kong
- Apple is spending millions each month on AWS
- Respect - Elmo Teaches The Lannisters and Cookie Monster Enlightens Dolores and Bernard