More than 140,000 customers remained without power in Texas, Mississippi, Louisiana and Arkansas late Saturday. Damage from that first round of storms included reports of trees down in Gwinnett, Walton, Paulding, Butts and Lamar counties. "Some storms may also produce large hail or torrential downpours resulting in localized flash flooding", the National Weather Service tweeted. No injuries were reported there, but officials said several businesses and vehicles were damaged.
The roof of a hotel in New Albany, Mississippi, was damaged, although the cause was unclear.
Storms hammered east Texas on Saturday, with two children killed when a tree fell on a auto, authorities said.
There were reports of multiple injuries in the Robertson County town of Franklin, the NWS said, and KWTX reported widespread damage there. The Angelina County Sheriff's Office says an 8-year-old and 3-year-old died after the tree hit the back of the auto in Lufkin, about 115 miles (185 kilometers) northeast of Houston.
Heavy rains and storms raked MS into the night Saturday as the storms moved east.
The National Weather Service Storm Prediction Center is cautioning that, "Strong tornadoes are possible today into tonight from east Texas into MS, with the greatest threat expected between 2PM-8PM CDT". Alto is about 140 miles (225 kilometers) north of Houston. The parents in the front seats were not hurt.
23 arrests made after fans riot following Michigan State Final Four loss
The Tigers led 62-60 at the time and Guy's shot was off the mark, but Auburn's Samir Doughty was whistled for the foul. The university, according to the statement, has great fans and wants them to continue celebrating with respect.
"The storm is so vigorous that tornadoes are still possible after dark", Myers said.
Texas is seeing the beginning of the risky and severe storms forecast to slam parts of the Southeast and Ohio River Valley this weekend. Franklin is located about 125 miles (200 kilometers) south of Dallas.
The National Weather Service of Fort Worth went on to rate the tornado an EF-3, with 140 miles per hour winds.
He says two people were taken to a hospital with injuries that aren't thought to be life-threatening and that about a dozen others were treated at the scene for minor injuries, including people who had to be extricated from their homes. Crews will continue to survey the damage over the next few days.
About 90 million people are under the gun for destructive weather Sunday, CNN meteorologist Haley Brink said.
Residents have reported downed power lines, cars overturned and homes completely destroyed, KBTX reports.
- 2019 iPhones details revealed in new reports hints complete refresh
- Alphabet-owned Wing launches commercial drone delivery service in Australia
- President Donald Trump sacks Secret Service boss Randolph Alles
- LaMarcus Aldridge thinks Mavs’ Dirk Nowitzki will be back for another season
- Weather a dramatic backdrop to already dramatic tournament — Masters Sunday
- McConnell won't say if Senate would back Herman Cain for Fed
- Julian Assange 'must face Swedish justice' if country asks, says MPs
- Korea Wins the Race to Launch Commercial 5G Services by a Whisker
- Utterly Class Lomachenko Floors Crolla With Fourth Round Crushing KO
- Magic Johnson steps down as Los Angeles Lakers chief