It's now rolling out the service to "a limited set of eligible homes".
A world-first drone delivery business has been granted approval to take to the skies over Canberra's north.
The agency decided previous year that large-scale commercial package delivery operations by drones would need to meet the same safety and economic certification standards as other licensed USA airlines.
U.S. House panel subpoenas Trump aides, Mueller probe
I'm less frustrated than Mueller's team that the Barr summary of the legal findings was to President Trump's early political advantage.
'They used a drone to deliver ice cream to a 5-year-old boy in his backyard, ' he said at the Singapore conference.
It comes after an 18-month trial of using drones to deliver food, drinks and medication in the Canberra suburb of Bonython was deemed successful.
Launch partners include restaurants Kickstart Expresso, Pure Gelato, Bakers Delight, Guzman Y Gomez, and Jasper + Myrtle chocolatiers, as well as Capital Chemist and Drummond Golf (for all your last-minute putting needs). That selection of companies will expand in the future. Some Canberra residents complained about the noise the drones produced, something Gibson said Casa did consider when approving Project Wing's operation.
The feedback we have received during the trials has been valuable, helping us to refine our operations to better meet the needs and expectations of the communities in which we operate.
"We're excited to connect with more local businesses in the area about how we can help them reach more customers faster, safer and more sustainably", Project Wing said in a media release.
- Mike Pence Slams Turkey And Germany In NATO Speech
- Korea Wins the Race to Launch Commercial 5G Services by a Whisker
- President Donald Trump sacks Secret Service boss Randolph Alles
- Did you see Choupo-Moting's Moment Of Madness
- Magic Johnson steps down as Los Angeles Lakers chief
- LaMarcus Aldridge thinks Mavs’ Dirk Nowitzki will be back for another season
- 2019 iPhones details revealed in new reports hints complete refresh
- US House to sue to block Trump border wall funding action
- Private data of 540 million Facebook users exposed in plain text
- Eric Holder Pleads Not Guilty In Nipsey Hussle Murder Case