According to a report published by Japanese blog Macotakara (via Pocket Now), Apple plans to launch two iPhones with 6.1-inch and 6.5-inch OLED displays respectively. The phones will sport OLED displays, just like last year's iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max. However, it does note that the new models will be around 0.4mm thicker than the iPhone XS Max. The size change would help accommodate the triple-lens feature, with about 0.15mm added thickness to the current iPhone XS body and a smaller camera bump protrusion by about 0.5 mm.
The iPhone XR had a single camera, compared to the two of the iPhone XS, so if the report is correct it's likely each tier of device will gain one camera on its predecessor.
Macotakara also suggested a couple of other important changes, namely that Apple may switch to USB-C from Lightning on the iPhone.
Korea Wins the Race to Launch Commercial 5G Services by a Whisker
The new 5G technology enables dramatically faster download speeds with nearly no delay in watching videos or loading pictures. The sales began two days after the world's first nationwide 5G network powered up in the East Asian country.
The information shows that the next iPhone will have a protruding three-camera design in a chassis that looks like it could be an "upgrade" of the iPhone XS. Like top Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo reported, Macotakara said the devices will be able to wirelessly charge other products, like the Apple Watch and AirPods, using reverse wireless charging.
Both phones will be a bit thicker than their iPhone XS/XS Max counterparts, and they'll have a USB-C connector, an 18W USB-C power adapter (finally, fast charging right in the box!), and bilateral wireless charging, the report claims.
Not only are the camera sensors themselves expected to be larger, but Macotakara claims they will be accompanied by larger lenses - the largest Apple has ever put into an iPhone. If true, this would be the first time that all iPhone models included the same high-end features, with many - including double cameras and functionality - are often reserved for the "Pro" or "Max" models.
- US House to sue to block Trump border wall funding action
- Trump says '100%' ready to shut down Mexico border
- 'Our country is full': Trump claims emergency during border visit
- British PM's early arrival in Berlin sees her walk the carpet alone
- President Trump Takes Aim At Mueller AGAIN As Report Release Draws Near
- Alphabet-owned Wing launches commercial drone delivery service in Australia
- Did you see Choupo-Moting's Moment Of Madness
- Worldwide community warns Haftar against Tripoli attack
- Magic Johnson steps down as Los Angeles Lakers chief
- Disney will launch streaming service late this year