The 29-year-old was told to return for a hearing on 10 May and ordered to be held on $5m (£3.8m) bail.
The bodyguard of the late Nipsey Hussle said he's retiring from his profession Tuesday, just days after the rapper was killed outside his South Los Angeles clothing store.
Holder was taken into custody on Tuesday following a city-wide manhunt.
Kim Kardashian discovers family leak in Keeping Up With the Kardashians
Kim Kardashian has revealed she has a name picked out for her fourth child - and it is inspired by one of her family members. Talking to sister Kylie Jenner about the news on the family's E! reality show, she said: "I'm low-key freaking out".
The formal charges are one count of murder, two counts of attempted murder and one count of possession of a firearm by a felon.
Asghedom received a phone call Sunday informing him that his younger brother, whose real name was Ermias Asghedom, had been shot outside a clothing store in Los Angeles. The two victims are identified in the criminal complaint as Kerry Lathan and Shermi Cervabta Villanueva. Once gunshots were fired, Hussle fell to the ground and the other men fled from the gunfire.
Los Angeles Police Chief Michael Moore said at one point the suspect left before coming back with a gun and opening fire.
The friend was also injured in the attack, as was another man, said to be the friend's cousin, who was driving them.
Right after news of Hussle's death, James was one of the first National Basketball Association players who vented out his emotions via social media.
- Tom Brady's April Fools' Twitter joke: Was it a good tweet?
- Linda McMahon Reportedly Resigning From Donald Trump's Administration
- At least six UK Brexiteer ministers to resign if PM backs no
- Investors hitch a ride on Lyft's IPO at $72 a share
- AAF 'suspends its inaugural season over financial concerns' after signing Johnny Manziel
- Golden State Warriors Announce Suspension For Jordan Bell
- Erdogan Sees Win in Local Poll, but Loses Turkish Capital
- Private data of 540 million Facebook users exposed in plain text
- U.S. House panel subpoenas Trump aides, Mueller probe
- Trump says '100%' ready to shut down Mexico border