The Hornets midfielder worked his way into the United box brilliantly, and struck past David de Gea to give the visitors an inevitable consolation.
United have been performing exceptionally well in the Premier League ever since Solskjaer took charge of the club and the club also have managed to get into the quarter-finals of the Champions League by beating PSG in the Round of 16.
The Red Devils marked Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's appointment as permanent manager this week with a 2-1 defeat of Javi Gracia's side that moves them above Arsenal into fourth place, albeit having played a game more than the Gunners. We came away with a win, that is great, but I think everyone knows we can perform better.
The English youngster scored his 10th league goal of the campaign, and his 7th under Solskjaer with a cool finish to give Manchester United the lead in the game.
"First half, there were times we weren't at our best, but second half - I'll speak the truth: we were very bad".
Put to Solskjaer that it was a good result but perhaps a less impressive performance, the newly-appointed manager said: "Well summarised".
"We had a few chances but we didn't take them".
Federer Flies Into Miami QFs, Auger-Aliassime Astounds
Federer was Shapovalov's favourite player growing up and the Canadian said it will be a "dream come true" facing the Swiss legend. Three-time champion Federer beat 20th seed Anderson 6-0 6-4 in a match lasting just under an hour and a half.
United are expected to back Solskjaer with substantial funds to rebuild the squad but the Norwegian said he would not spend recklessly.
United have performed excellently under the Norwegian but they remain a country mile behind Liverpool and Manchester City in all areas and the work this summer is going to need to be successful if that gap is going to start to be closed.
Although they regained their confidence in the second half and continued to press United, they couldn't capitalise on their efforts on goal.
"Paul is important for us and we couldn't keep the ball today". I'm really happy for him.
"If they are playing the way they are - it is exciting times". This victory over a feisty Watford - who headed south ruing their lack of both fortune and a predatorial centre-forward - was far from straightforward, but just as they so often did under Sir Alex Ferguson, United won without touching anything akin to a lofty height.
- Eleven Palestinians Injured During Anti-Israel Protests in Gaza
- Get 12 months of Nintendo Switch online free with Amazon Prime
- Golden State Warriors Announce Suspension For Jordan Bell
- Juan Guaido Gets Rock Star Greeting As Rival Factions Rally in Venezuela
- New Zealand PM to make curtailed China trip
- President Trump backs off Special Olympics funding cut
- Anti-stall system likely activated in crash: Ethiopian Airlines CEO
- 'Borderlands 3': First Trailer Is As Bonkers As You'd Probably Expect
- Linda McMahon Reportedly Resigning From Donald Trump's Administration
- Charles Barkley on Smollett Hate Hoax: 'We All Lose'