But thanks to the antiquated electoral college, we have a serial-lying huckster occupying the highest office in the land-and while there's been talk of getting rid of the electoral college for years, the movement may be finally picking up traction.
Former Maryland Rep. John Delaney, another longshot Democratic candidate, dismissed the idea as a waste of time.
He said he supports the Green New Deal proposal and wants the U.S.to lead on environmental issues.
Other Democrats have warmed to the idea, including potential presidential contender Pete Buttigieg, the mayor of South Bend, Indiana who said ending the system would encourage greater voter participation at the national level. As they roll out their president campaigns, the two senators are field-testing dramatically different theories about how to connect to with electorate. Elizabeth Warren in arguing for direct national elections, wiping away the Electoral College system in place for centuries.
MA is one of 12 states to join the National Popular Vote (NPV) movement, which commits a state's electoral votes to the victor of the national vote.
However, the President is a strong supporter, tweeting Tuesday "The brilliance of the Electoral College is that you must go to many states to win".
Samsung Galaxy A40 arrives with 25 MP selfie cam
It is available for purchase from various retail centres and Samsung's official online store in Russian Federation . You are able to order the Samsung Galaxy S10 , S10+ and S10e with shipping already started on 8th March.
Like the Supreme Court, the Electoral College sometimes frustrates the will of political majorities.
One of the major talking points of these detractors is the so-called "wisdom of our forefathers" who bravely took a stand against the "vulgar popular vote" (never mind that the "vulgar electoral vote" gave us our current president).
"Obviously, I'd like to see a court that is in line with my values".
Asked whether he would preemptively pack the Supreme Court in his favor in light of Democratic calls to do the same, Trump told reporters in a Rose Garden news conference on March 19 that the court will stay at nine judges, at least for the next six years.
"The only reason that they're doing that", he said about his Democratic opponents, is that "they want to try and catch up".
- Giants trade Odell BeckhamJr. to Cleveland Browns in National Football League blockbuster
- Randall Cobb leaving Packers
- Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp suffered a global outage. What happened?
- Callum Hudson-Odoi On Bench - Chelsea Team vs Wolves Confirmed
- Scouting report on Barcelona and Luis Suarez injury
- Windows 10 now automatically uninstalls b0rked updates
- Swedish teen Greta inspiring a real climate for change
- Samsung's Galaxy S10 5G Might Finally Have a Release Date
- California governor to place moratorium on executions
- Criminal investigation into Facebook deals with Apple, Amazon, Microsoft