As a result a fresh weather warning has been issued between 9pm tomorrow night until 3pm on Wednesday afternoon.
Gusts of 65mph are likely along coastal areas, while wind speeds are predicted to reach 55mph inland.
The Met Office has issued a list of scenarios that the public should be aware of before Storm Gareth strikes the North of Ireland in the coming days.
New PlayStation 4 Update Means You Can Play Remotely On Your Mobile
Go to [Settings] [Remote Play Connection Settings] [Add Device], and then enter the code provided on the Remote Play App. Well, no more! Today, the PlayStation 4 gets its 6.50 firmware update, which finally opens the gates for iOS users.
Storm Gareth is due to move into the United Kingdom overnight into Wednesday with gusts of more than 80mph expected in some regions. There will be rough seas and large waves making western Britain and Irish coastal areas unsafe.
"Falling onto already wet ground, 20-40mm of rainfall is expected quite widely with 50-60mm possible over higher ground in Cumbria".
The wind warning is valid from Tuesday, March 12 at noon to Wednesday, March 13 at noon.
The area of deep low pressure is expected to bring gusts of up to 80mph in some areas, and will lead to "unsettled" weather for the remainder of the week.
Powerful winds reaching over 90mph in parts of Northern Ireland and western Scotland could pose a "danger to life" by whipping up debris and tidal waves, the Met Office said. Winds will gradually ease during the afternoon.
- Brendan Rodgers frustrated to lose first game as Leicester City boss
- Avalanche Rips Across Colorado Highway, Swallows Cars in Snow
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer fears Alexis Sanchez ligament damage after Manchester United win
- Second person cured of HIV in major medical breakthrough
- Kylie Jenner Is the Youngest Self-Made Billionaire Ever
- Turkey Will Deploy S-400 System despite US Warning
- Jackson Walk Carpet at L.A. Premiere
- Duke Blue Devils vs. North Carolina Tar Heels 3/9/19, Prediction & Odds
- Arsenal 2-0 Manchester United: Three Things We Learned
- Venezuela ousts USA journalist, German envoy