Real Madrid confirmed the termination of Solari's contract as first-team coach, but the statement that was released revealed the club "have offered him the opportunity to remain at the club" in an unnamed alternative role.
"The Board of Directors has also agreed the appointment of Zinedine Zidane as the new coach of Real Madrid with immediate incorporation for the remainder of the season and the next three, until June 30, 2022".
The report also claims that Real Madrid are set to make a number of changes at the end of the season and Isco could leave as a result of those changes.
"What I think is that this team needs to continue winning but I think it needs a change, a different voice, another methodology", he said at a news conference explaining his resignation previous year.
But the Spanish manager was let go in the first half of the season and replaced by Solari, who guided the club to a bit more stability but couldn't win the most important matches.
The defeat by Ajax followed two consecutive defeats by Barcelona in El Clasico - a 1-0 loss in La Liga and a 3-0 thrashing in the Copa del Rey.
Zinedine Zidane rejects Real Madrid offer after call made
With the return of Zidane, Real Madrid now have the second most successful coach in their history back at the helm.
Solari's men got back to winning ways on Sunday evening, beating Real Valladolid 4-1 away from home.
The former Spain manager's spell lasted until just October and Solari was brought in to take his place.
Solari was handed a contract until 2021 after overseeing an improvement following the sacking of Julen Lopetegui in November.
New PlayStation 4 Update Means You Can Play Remotely On Your Mobile
Go to [Settings] [Remote Play Connection Settings] [Add Device], and then enter the code provided on the Remote Play App. Well, no more! Today, the PlayStation 4 gets its 6.50 firmware update, which finally opens the gates for iOS users.
- Bills fire back as Antonio Brown saga takes latest ugly turn
- Dems postpone anti-Semitism resolution after complaints from … anti-Semites
- Guardiola not interested in Juventus move as Man City continue title bid
- Trump adviser says no deal doesn't mean summit was a failure
- Anonymous victor claiming $1.5 billion Mega Millions jackpot
- Kelly’s Young Girlfriends Defend Him, Blast Their Own Parents
- Potential for freezing rain Saturday night
- Duke Blue Devils vs. North Carolina Tar Heels 3/9/19, Prediction & Odds
- Venezuela ousts USA journalist, German envoy
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer fears Alexis Sanchez ligament damage after Manchester United win