"We didn't concede many chances and I think it was a good first half".
Solskjaer had won 13 and drawn two of his previous domestic 15 league and cup fixtures since succeeding the sacked Jose Mourinho in mid-December but they fell behind in the 12th minute, when Granit Xhaka's strike from distance swerved through the air to wrong-foot United goalkeeper David de Gea.
And Kompany, who has won three titles during his time at the Etihad Stadium, said his team expect Liverpool to win their remaining eight games of the season, meaning City will also have to be flawless.
"Of course we can arrive in the last stages and make another step forward, I cannot deny that", Guardiola said. We push ourselves. The best way is to feel this kind of pressure. "At the same time we have to accept there are other teams thinking the same with a lot of quality and a lot of talent".
After a goalless first half, Raheem Sterling turned Saturday's match with a hat trick in the opening 14 minutes of the second half.
"I have two more years here and I am (not) going to move", he said.
Arsenal 2-0 Manchester United: Three Things We Learned
But I came back the next morning with a big spirit, with a big confidence for Sunday first and also for this week. United came back strongly but were unable to take their chances, thwarted by Bernd Leno in the Arsenal goal .
"Obviously there will have to be a decision sometime, but I'm happy here and enjoying playing under Pep". I am always open-minded for challenges. It's not obvious, but everyone has to make their own decision.
"My main target at the moment is to go for all competitions and be successful".
It's as you were in the title race as both Manchester City and Liverpool eventually ran out comfortable winners over the weekend, meaning the Citizens maintain their one-point lead at the top of the table.
Schalke shouldn't be completely without hope against Manchester City in the Champions League this week.
City are in a strong position after staging a late comeback to win a dramatic match 3-2 in Germany.
The brace ensured the England striker became the first player to achieve a three-figure tally of goals for the Foxes since Gary Lineker.
City are now up to second place in the Euro Club Index ranking, and are second favourites to win the Champions League behind Barcelona.
- Weather warning for the Yorkshire coast - here's why and when
- Trump adviser says no deal doesn't mean summit was a failure
- Bills fire back as Antonio Brown saga takes latest ugly turn
- Callum Hudson-Odoi On Bench - Chelsea Team vs Wolves Confirmed
- Patriots are trading for Eagles defensive end Michael Bennett
- New PlayStation 4 Update Means You Can Play Remotely On Your Mobile
- Trump celebrates North Dakota football champs with fast food
- India waiting for United Kingdom reply after fugitive Nirav Modi's video surfaces
- Brie Larson's 'Captain Marvel' training included how to make a cool face
- Tesla promises to halve charging time with V3 Supercharging