Martellus is no stranger to the Patriots, as he won a Super Bowl with them in his only full season with the team (2016).
Shortly after that interview, Philly.com's Jeff McLane reported the Eagles, who have been trying to trade Bennett, will release him if they can't find a taker. "But I still know that I" m one of the best players in the NFL.
He told NFL Network earlier Friday that he was looking for a pay raise.
The Eagles prioritize defensive line depth over nearly everything else in football, but they've also got a lot of it already and could decide they'd rather go with multiple cheaper options instead of giving Bennett even more money.
If and when the deal is completed, Bennett will arrive to New England having posted 34 total tackles and nine sacks in 16 games with the Eagles last season, and seven total tackles and one sack in two playoff games this past winter.
If that's something that the Patriots wish to continue doing, Bennett should fit the mold pretty easily, as he himself has been no slouch from an interior alignment.
Elon Musk’s SpaceX to Launch Crew Dragon Capsule to Space Station
Boeing aims to conduct the first test flight of its Starliner capsule in April, with astronauts on board possibly in August. Needless to say, there's a lot riding on this demonstration and NASA is hoping that SpaceX knocked it out of the park.
It sounds like Bennett is trying to force the Eagles to cut him free so he can test the open market as a free agent.
It doesn't look like Michael Bennett is going to play another down with the Eagles.
The move is typical of New England and Bill Belichick. The three-time Pro Bowler started the season playing backup before earning a starting job after Derek Barnett underwent season-ending shoulder surgery.
Bennett had a limited role prior to Barnett's injury previous year and was asked to rush from the right side of the line after spending much of his career on the left side. Most teams aren't lining up to trade for a 33-year-old player who is unhappy with his contract.
Bennett was excellent for the Eagles in 2018, recording 9.0 sacks (second on the team) and 68 total pressures.
The next court date is slated for March 27, according to court records.
- Venezuela ousts USA journalist, German envoy
- New PlayStation 4 Update Means You Can Play Remotely On Your Mobile
- Bills fire back as Antonio Brown saga takes latest ugly turn
- Trump celebrates North Dakota football champs with fast food
- Tesla promises to halve charging time with V3 Supercharging
- U.S. seeks information on potential misuse of F-16 by Pakistan
- Duke Blue Devils vs. North Carolina Tar Heels 3/9/19, Prediction & Odds
- Bollywood CELEBRATES the glorious return of Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman in India
- Dems postpone anti-Semitism resolution after complaints from … anti-Semites
- Avalanche Rips Across Colorado Highway, Swallows Cars in Snow