The interstate remained open after the first avalanche hit the canyon on Sunday, but the second closed I-70 for a couple hours before crews could reopen the route.
"It's exciting, but pretty nerve-wracking because you don't know when it's going to stop", Easton told FOX31.
Colorado's Avalanche Information Center recorded 807 avalanches in February, 444 of which were triggered naturally.
Will The Cohen Hearings Have an Impact?
Cohen shot back, "As neither should I, as the son of a Holocaust survivor". Cohen said he would review the form and amend it if necessary.
Video from another motorist shows the moment the second avalanche buried parts of the interstate. Sometimes, when there's a build-up of snow, the Colorado Department of Transportation will proactively shut down highways and conduct controlled avalanches in order to prevent potentially unsafe incidents like what happened on Sunday.
There were several videos of the incident posted online, capturing the snow piling down toward the road.
Avalanche warnings had been issued in Colorado with 10 centimetres to 18cm of snow forecast for the Denver area and surrounding mountains to expect 60cm of snow.
Colin Rafferty was with his daughter when an avalanche struck, CBS4 reported. "A potent winter storm caused avalanche danger to rise yesterday and very risky conditions persist today".
- Yorkshire school issues warning to parents over unsafe Momo challenge
- Google Assistant Gets Dedicated Button, Voice Typing in KaiOS & Messages Integration
- Olivia Colman wins best actress Oscar
- Arsenal vs Southampton, Premier League
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer fears Alexis Sanchez ligament damage after Manchester United win
- U.S. seeks information on potential misuse of F-16 by Pakistan
- Glenn Close’s Dog Pip Was the MVP at the Independent Spirit Awards
- Kvitova downs Taiwan's Hsieh to reach Dubai final
- 'Ref made a bad call,' Spike Lee says of 'Green Book' award
- Arizona Cardinals Reportedly Targeting Kyler Murray With No. 1 Pick