"When a vehicle has an enthusiastic following, like with Tesla, owners may overlook some issues".
It's worth noting that Consumer Reports often pulls recommendations based on issues that have long since been corrected, a dynamic which Tesla, via a statement from a company spokesperson, claims is happening here. "We have already made significant improvements to correct any issues that Model 3 customers may have experienced that are referenced in this report, and our return policy allows any customer who is unhappy with their auto to return it for a full refund", the spokesperson said.
A reliability survey recently shipped out by Consumer Reports returned with some bad news for Tesla.
The Model 3 had no problem surviving Alaska, but it seems to be having a tougher time surviving daily life in the hands of average owners.
Jussie Smollett suspended from Empire TV show
Chicago Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson was visibly angered as he condemned Smollett's actions. Prosecutors said one of the brothers had supplied Smollett with "designer drugs" in the past.
While bugs with the touchscreen could likely be remotely fixed, Tesla has a track record of misaligned body panels, rough paint finishes and other issues that would require improved quality control during production to ultimately remedy.
Much of the public difficulty Elon Musk suffered last year-from tabloid scandal to publicly getting stoned with Joe Rogan on a podcast-originated in Musk's public fight with unnamed short-sellers he said were deliberately sabotaging Tesla's stock price without cause. The firm had said in January that Model 3 deliveries in China would begin in March.
The website also reports another new feature for Tesla - Sentry Mode.
"We're setting an extremely high bar for Model 3".
This new report confirms concerns raised by many analysts about the quality of Tesla models being compromised as the automaker feverishly boosted production past year to attain monthly production targets. That is out of 33 brands ranked by the group. The others in the top five also are premium marques: Volkswagen AG's Porsche and Audi, followed by Toyota Motor Corp.'s Lexus.
- India says two masterminds of Kashmir bombing killed in clash
- Jeremy Corbyn: Shamima Begun should return to United Kingdom to 'answer questions'
- Kyrie Irving's Knee Sprain is Not Considered to be Serious
- Broncos to acquire quarterback Joe Flacco from Baltimore
- Measles outbreak limited to small network, say Vancouver health officials
- 17 killed as fire hits hotel in New Delhi (PHOTOS, VIDEOS)
- Nigeria postpones national elections at the last minute
- 'Frozen 2' gets a first teaser and it looks very, very serious
- McConnell will make Democratic senators vote on the Green New Deal
- Australia government loses bill blocking sick asylum seekers