The Joe Flacco era in Baltimore has reportedly come to an end.
Wednesday, Adam Schefter reported the Ravens and Broncos have agreed to terms on a trade involving the former Super Bowl MVP. The trade won't officially be processed until the start of the new league year on March 13, but I think it's safe to assume that Flacco is a Bronco - I don't see this turning into a Lakers-Chris Paul trade situation... curse you, David Stern. Schefter noted that, because of this, teams are now prohibited from commenting on the terms of the deal.
Flacco lost the starting job in Baltimore to Lamar Jackson, the 32nd pick in last year's draft. He was drafted 18th overall by the Ravens in 2008 and held on to the starter's role until he was sidelined by injury in Week 9 of last season. The rest is forever part of Broncos lore: four consecutive division titles in Manning's four seasons, two Super Bowl trips and a Super Bowl 50 win in Manning's final game.
In nine games previous year, Flacco threw for 2,464 yards, completing 232 of 379 attempts for 12 touchdowns and six interceptions. "Not only did Flacco perform well under Kubiak when he was the Ravens" offensive coordinator in 2014, but there is also connection between Kubiak's system and the one run by current 49ers head coach Kyle Shanahan (Shanahan worked on Kubiak's staff in Houston from 2006-09 where some of his offensive concepts were cemented).
President Trump to meet with North Korean leader in Vietnam
Trump then offered his theory that the election of Hillary Clinton would've resulted in war between the nuclear powers. A second nuclear summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un is scheduled for the end of the month in Vietnam.
Everyone made the same "elite" joke after Flacco was sent to the Broncos.
The Delaware product has won 106 career games - including postseason appearances - and thrown for 212 touchdowns and more than 38,000 yards. Additionally, the Ravens will receive $10.5 million in cap relief, while the Broncos will absorb Flacco's $18.5 million cap charge next season but could wipe the contract off the books thereafter.
More from Yahoo Sports:• Belichick changed his boat's name to reflect SB win • 22-year-old son of National Football League head coach is arrested • Panthers deal "proves" National Football League collusion, Eric Reid says • Did Peyton Manning unknowingly help the Pats?
- Democrats launch new investigation into Trump's finances and Russian Federation links
- Meghan Markle Is Glowing in Latest Outing With Prince Harry
- Status Orange wind warning issued as Storm Erik looms
- Here's how to update your iPhone to fix Apple's FaceTime privacy bug
- Mobile, Sprint Merger Looks To Hold Prices For Customers
- Moto G7 Power Hands-on Review: Huge 5,000 mAh Battery for $249
- Roberts Joins Liberals To Strike Down Louisiana Abortion Law
- No British horse racing until Wednesday amid flu outbreak
- Iman Shumpert Traded To Rockets In Three-Team Deal
- Amazon HQ2 may not happen in NY after all, report says