Ariana Grande could very well win her first Grammy on Sunday... but she won't be there to collect it!
File image of Ariana Grande.
It's after a disagreement with show producers who wouldn't allow her perform 7 Rings. Her hit single, "Thank U, Next" saw the artist mentioning her four best-known exes by name, most notably Saturday Night Live actor Pete Davidson, to whom she was briefly engaged, and Mac Miller, who tragically passed away in 2018 not long after their breakup.
Grande's absence from the awards would be a noticeable one, as the pop star has been at the forefront of public consciousness for much of the past year due to multiple personal events as well as a new level of professional success.
New school-based mental health programs for students
The course helps people to spot the early signs of mental health issues in young people aged between 8 and 18. One fashion fan pointed it out on Twitter and once they said it, you couldn't un-see it.
In addition, her personal life has also taken center stage.
A compromise was reached whereby "7 Rings" would be part of a medley, but Grande pulled out after producers insisted that the second song be of their choosing. Officially released on August 17, the record sold an impressive 231,000 "equivalent sales units" in its first week, as reported by Nielsen Music (via Billboard), which represented a major jump from her third record, 2016's Dangerous Woman, which debuted at No. 2, selling just 175,000 units.
The pop sensation was apparently left "insulted" after producers of the GRAMMYs wouldn't let her perform her most recent single, "7 rings". On Friday, she'll release her new album thank u, next.
A source told HL, "Ariana is excited, happy and determined to go on with her Coachella performance after her Grammys cancelation".
- Ariana Grande tries and fails to correct mistranslated Japanese tattoo
- Guardiola puts pressure on Liverpool ahead of West Ham game
- President Trump to meet with North Korean leader in Vietnam
- As opposition girds in Venezuela, Maduro makes concession
- Senate backs McConnell rebuke of Trump military drawdowns
- Meghan Markle's mum Doria has a sweet nickname for the Duchess
- Facebook pays teenagers £15 to access all their messages, apps and searches
- Sam Adams Is Releasing a GOAT-inspired Tom Brady Beer
- Watch Rams’ Brandin Cooks surprise team custodian with Super Bowl tickets
- Will Travis Scott Propose to Kylie Jenner at Super Bowl? Fans Wonder