By Monday, we will see slightly less cold air begin to return to the region, with highs climbing into the middle and even upper 20s.
Despite sunshine on Monday, it may not get much higher than 10-15.
There will be possible sustained winds of 20 to 30 miles per hour and gusts in excess of 50 miles per hour.
Trump Says He Won't Declare a National Emergency...For Now
But Pence, in a briefing with reporters, said the president prefers to wait for the courts to decide that issue. President Trump on the partial government shutdown and efforts to reach a compromise on border wall funding.
Beginning tonight, our area will settle into an extended period of very cold temperatures and unsafe wind chills. Total storm accumulations look to be in the 4-6 inch range for most of the area.
Extreme cold warnings are issued when very cold temperatures or wind chill creates an elevated risk to health such as frostbite and hypothermia. Temperatures will remain bitterly cold, however. Expect sunny skies on Tuesday afternoon with highs around 40 degrees.
A full list of recorded overnight low temperatures can be found at the National Weather Service site. Temperatures on Wednesday will warm to near the mid-40s ahead of a cold front. As cold air blasts in again, the rain may change to a little snow, especially along and west of I-81. Wednesday also looks milder and by the time the next system hits Wednesday night into Thursday, it should be mild enough for mainly rain.
- Liverpool's Mo' Salah hits the headline but not for the right reason
- Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus vs S9 Plus - Benchmark and specs
- Barcelona: Lionel Messi scores his 400th La Liga goal
- Trump denies ever working for Russian Federation , blasts investigators
- Kansas City Chiefs scheduled to play in Mexico City again
- Meghan Markle sports $35 H&M dress for royal visit
- Broncos expected to hire 49ers QB coach as OC
- Undercover investigative journalist killed in Ghana
- Taiwan says it won't bow to pressure amid China tension
- NASRDA: Nigeria to experience total lunar eclipse on Monday