The Patriots survived the shootout because Brady did what he does best: leading his team up the field with under a minute left to set up kicker Stephen Gostkowski for the game-winning field goal as time expired.
Hopefully Hill continues his success against New England because if he has a huge game, it's very likely that the Kansas City Chiefs win on Sunday. As USA Today's Andy Nesbitt put it on Thursday, Patriots quarterback Tom Brady "has been to what feels like 90 Super Bowls". After a surprisingly mortal regular season, Touchdown Tom transformed into a playoff God against the Chargers, burying the Bolts with a steady diet of short passes, majority to Julian Edelman (9-151-0) and James White (15-97-0).
The Patriots and Chiefs will kickoff at 6:40 p.m.
Red Bridge is betting on the Chiefs and hoping Potter Road will look more like Chiefs Kingdom next week. The run game had been working with great success to that point, but Josh McDaniels made a decision to dial up a playaction pass to try to catch the Chiefs defense off guard.
Meghan Markle Reacts to Fat-Shaming for Pregnancy
The move's already been applauded online as showing the Duchess' desire to keep a common touch for her time in the Royal family. The duchess later described her early experiences with her rescue dog Guy, who had been traumatised by earlier experiences.
Combined with an effective running game, the New England Patriots proved against the Chargers that they can move the ball in different ways.
Patrick Mahomes completed 4-of-8 pass attempts for 65 yards, while Brady completed 12-of-17 attempts for 146 yards and a 29-yard touchdown gem to Phillip Dorsett that extended New England's lead to 14 points.
Before suffering a torn Achilles last season, Berry was an absolute game-changer on Kansas City's defense.
- Weather Authority: Gov. Wolf declares State of Emergency ahead of weekend snow
- Brexit: PM warns of 'catastrophic breach of trust'
- Meghan Markle sports $35 H&M dress for royal visit
- NASRDA: Nigeria to experience total lunar eclipse on Monday
- Harry and Meghan head to Merseyside for first engagement of 2019
- Extreme cold warning in effect for North Bay, northeast
- Wisconsin man arrested in teen's abduction, parents' deaths
- Why the shutdown is a good thing for House Democrats
- Liverpool's Mo' Salah hits the headline but not for the right reason
- Undercover investigative journalist killed in Ghana