WE SAID THIS: At least Saudi women will no longer be the last to know that they're divorced! . "It is a tiny step, but it is a step in the right direction".
"In most Arab countries, men can just divorce their wives", she told the Thomson Reuters Foundation.
Lawyer Samia al-Hindi told local newspaper Okaz that it is common for women to file appeals to courts over being divorced without their knowledge.
Apart from this, newly-wed women will also get message notifications of their changed marital status.
The new law came into effect on Sunday and has been lauded as a great way to end secret divorces and to protect women's rights.
Stranger Things season 3 date announced, teaser unveiled
Meanwhile, Mike ( Finn Wolfhard ) is looking over at Eleven , the girl he finally smooched at the prom at the end of Season 2. In a new teaser, the streaming network revealed that the 1980s-set series will officially return on July 4, 2019.
In June past year, women celebrated going behind the wheel for the first time after a decade-old female driving ban was overturned.
"The new measure ensures women get their rights when they're divorced", she said, referring to alimony.
Although many have hailed the Saudi government's reforms, these have been accompanied by a crackdown on dissent with about a dozen female activists arrested.
"This system strangles Saudi women", said Abu-Dayyeh. There is a guardianship system under which women need when making important decisions, the consent of a male relative, for example, if you travel overseas or want to get married.
This represents a significant improvement in women's rights in the country, even though custodianship still goes to the father by default.
Nevertheless, women will continue to be under male guardianship laws.
What can Saudi women still not do?
- Trump to give primetime address, head to border as shutdown continues
- North Korea's Kim arrives at Beijing train station: Yonhap
- North Korea's Kim Jong Un wants more summits with South
- Romelu Lukaku On Bench - Manchester United Team vs Bournemouth Confirmed
- Seoul Welcomes Kim's New Year Address
- Antonio Brown Teases "Big Interview" Following Mike Tomlin’s Press Conference
- US warns against travelling in China
- Juventus destroyer Khedira is not the Ramsey replacement that Arsenal really need
- Tottenham's Harry Kane hoping Manchester City beat Liverpool
- President Trump’s border patrol entourage is an instant meme