The 23-year-old passed Peyton Manning and Russell Wilson for the National Football League rookie passing touchdown record with his 27th of the season against the Baltimore Ravens. During the fourth quarter he threw 1-yard pass to Antonio Callaway for goal. The brief celebration gesture appeared to show Mayfield pretending to "expose his privates".
Officials correctly ruled that Browns defensive lineman Larry Ogunjobi forced a fumble and that Peppers recovered it at the 7-yard line, wiping the Ravens touchdown off the board.
The celebration also came before Mayfield later hilariously threw shade at his former coach Hue Jackson, who now works for the Bengals.
He also owns team marks for touchdown passes and passing yards by a rookie.
The play of Lamar Jackson has lifted the Ravens over the course of this winning span, but the front-seven's ability to take away top rushing threats has been impressive to watch. A win over the Browns in Week 17 would put the Ravens in the postseason once again however.
Cornerback Jimmy Smith picked off Mayfield twice in the first half, including once on the Browns' opening drive of the game. A running back that struggled to find consistent playing time during his first two seasons due to injuries and suspensions has caught fire over recent weeks. Overall the Ravens rushed for 296 yards, and the Browns missed tackles all afternoon.
Here’s what CenturyLink said overnight about the outage
Monroe, Louisiana-based CenturyLink didn't provide details of the problem and it didn't indicate how many customers were affected. Washington first started experiencing these new issues Friday morning at about 1 a.m., according to KOMO News.
Cleveland (7-7-1) has rattled off five victories in its past six games, including the past three in a row. He broke the record of 26 set by Indianapolis' Peyton Manning and Seattle's Russell Wilson, and he did it despite starting only 13 games.
The Baltimore Ravens' All-Pro safety came into Sunday knowing his contract had an incentive that called for him to earn $1 million if the Ravens made the playoffs. Jackson dived over the pile and reached out with his arms to try and break the plane of the end zone.
With less than three minutes remaining, the Ravens had the ball at the Browns' 3.
Williams could have trotted kicker Greg Joseph out to try a long game-winning field goal, but opted to ride as far as Mayfield could take him.
Breshad Perriman, the Raven's 2015 first-round pick, was cut by Baltimore on September 1, and made the Ravens pay on the Browns' second drive.
- Pelosi, During Government Shutdown, Is Vacationing at Hawaii Resort
- Elizabeth Warren makes big move toward 2020 presidential run
- Instagram blames ‘bug’ for design change that prompted backlash
- Tottenham's Harry Kane hoping Manchester City beat Liverpool
- China Releases Canadian Teacher Detained for Job Violation
- Trump pushes for border wall money as top lawmakers receive briefing
- Wounded City ready to fight Liverpool, insists Kompany
- Juventus destroyer Khedira is not the Ramsey replacement that Arsenal really need
- Firmino hat-trick takes Liverpool nine points clear with Arsenal thrashing
- Seoul Welcomes Kim's New Year Address