Virgil van Dijk claims Liverpool will "definitely" bounce back from defeat at Manchester City, with there "no reason for panic" in an ongoing Premier League title bid. "It had wild moments".
City were better than them on the night but that doesn't mean the title race is over for Liverpool - far from it - and the fact that they matched City for so long will give them hope.
The 24-year-old Portugal worldwide has emerged as a key player for City this season and was outstanding alongside Fernandinho in central midfield.
"Hendo [Jordan Henderson] was really impressive, and offensively I think we already had more moments [than City] in the game [before Fabinho came on], that's what we showed the boys at half-time". "We're just four points behind them, and they know it, too".
City was spared from going behind by just 11 millimeters (0.4 inches) of the ball failing to cross the line in the 18th minute.
The danger wasn't over for City as John Stones' clearance struck the retreating Ederson and was spinning back towards goal, yet the defender was able to re-clear just milliseconds before the ball would have crossed the goalline.
On visit to Iraq, President Trump defends withdrawal from Syria
Before heading to Florida for Thanksgiving, Trump vowed he would visit troops, but did not specify a date or specific location. And then he went on to apparently out some of them whose identities are supposed to be a closely guarded secret.
"I didn't try to injure him".
When Bernardo Silva played the ball back into the Liverpool area, Aguero had barely moved from his position, but Dejan Lovren didn't react quickly enough and the Argentina forward made a clever run across him.
"If Mo can go through (on goal) what happens then?"
"He had an wonderful game and I'm so pleased he is back for us".
Such form came as a surprise and, incredibly, raised questions about the depth of Manchester City's squad - with particular attention on Guardiola's inability to replace the injured Fernandinho. "If somebody had told me that, after both games against City, we would be four points clear, I would have paid money for it because I would have thought it is not possible".
The vital factor for Liverpool now is that they bounce back immediately and prove they are worthy of being champions in May.
- North Korea's Kim Jong Un wants more summits with South
- Sears to close Fairview Heights location
- Trump again threatens to close southern U.S. border over wall funding
- Sears Closing 80 More Stores In March, Faces Possible Liquidation
- Pelosi, During Government Shutdown, Is Vacationing at Hawaii Resort
- Firmino hat-trick takes Liverpool nine points clear with Arsenal thrashing
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. Tears Into Redskins For Releasing D.J. Swearinger
- Elections delayed in Ebola-hit Congo
- China Releases Canadian Teacher Detained for Job Violation
- Seoul Welcomes Kim's New Year Address