Specifically, in the full anecdote, Tlaib said she had made the comment to her son.
"As a young girl, I watched my mother hand stitch thobes while sitting on the floor with a lamp at her side", Tlaib wrote.
Newly minted House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) said on the Today Show Thursday that it could depend on the results of the special counsel's investigation into the Trump campaign's ties to Russian Federation. "It is too early to talk about that intelligently", Nadler, whose committee would oversee any impeachment effort, said on CNN on Friday morning.
Trump makes surprise visit to USA troops in Iraq
But almost two years into his presidency, Mr Trump had yet to visit any troops overseas , drawing criticism from various corners. Trump left behind a slate of troubles in Washington, including a partial government shutdown and an unsteady economy.
I thought her comments were disgraceful.
Democratic Congresswoman Rashida Tlaib declined to apologize for telling a crowd hours after she was sworn into Congress Thursday that "we're gonna go in there and we're going to impeach the motherf***er", referring to President Donald Trump.
Democrats spent the past year downplaying impeachment, fearing that it would rally Republicans to Trump's side and knowing that the politics of following through will be dicey even in their best-case scenario.
"I think President Trump has met his match", she said. The Greater Detroit Democratic Socialists of America endorsed her candidacy in May 2018. She asserted, "every child of immigrant parents knows what it means when... their biggest hope is that they want us to succeed, but they also don't want us to lose a part of who we are". "I am going to stay focused & hopefully that will lead my colleagues to see that impeachment is in order".
But as the new Congress convened on Thursday, several rank-and-file members tried to jump-start the prospect of removing Trump from office.
- Here’s what CenturyLink said overnight about the outage
- In a first, Trump makes surprise visit to USA troops in Iraq
- Mexico wall: Trump aide says concrete wall idea was dropped early on
- On visit to Iraq, President Trump defends withdrawal from Syria
- Pelosi, During Government Shutdown, Is Vacationing at Hawaii Resort
- Sears Closing 80 More Stores In March, Faces Possible Liquidation
- North Korea's Kim Jong Un wants more summits with South
- Sears to close Fairview Heights location
- Elections delayed in Ebola-hit Congo
- Wounded City ready to fight Liverpool, insists Kompany