Specifically, in the full anecdote, Tlaib said she had made the comment to her son.
"As a young girl, I watched my mother hand stitch thobes while sitting on the floor with a lamp at her side", Tlaib wrote.
Newly minted House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) said on the Today Show Thursday that it could depend on the results of the special counsel's investigation into the Trump campaign's ties to Russian Federation. "It is too early to talk about that intelligently", Nadler, whose committee would oversee any impeachment effort, said on CNN on Friday morning.
Pelosi, During Government Shutdown, Is Vacationing at Hawaii Resort
So we fully expect that until she's elected Speaker and has locked that vote up, we don't expect to hear from the Democrats again. As Breitbart News reported on Friday, reports revealed that Pelosi was spending the shutdown at a luxurious resort in Hawaii.
I thought her comments were disgraceful.
Democratic Congresswoman Rashida Tlaib declined to apologize for telling a crowd hours after she was sworn into Congress Thursday that "we're gonna go in there and we're going to impeach the motherf***er", referring to President Donald Trump.
Democrats spent the past year downplaying impeachment, fearing that it would rally Republicans to Trump's side and knowing that the politics of following through will be dicey even in their best-case scenario.
"I think President Trump has met his match", she said. The Greater Detroit Democratic Socialists of America endorsed her candidacy in May 2018. She asserted, "every child of immigrant parents knows what it means when... their biggest hope is that they want us to succeed, but they also don't want us to lose a part of who we are". "I am going to stay focused & hopefully that will lead my colleagues to see that impeachment is in order".
But as the new Congress convened on Thursday, several rank-and-file members tried to jump-start the prospect of removing Trump from office.
- Wounded City ready to fight Liverpool, insists Kompany
- Perkins, Zaccheaus lead Virginia over SC 28-0
- Here’s what CenturyLink said overnight about the outage
- Instagram blames ‘bug’ for design change that prompted backlash
- Tottenham's Harry Kane hoping Manchester City beat Liverpool
- Jurgen Klopp believes luck evaded Liverpool in Man City defeat
- Paul Whelan, U.S. citizen, arrested in Russia on spying charges
- Trump pushes for border wall money as top lawmakers receive briefing
- China Releases Canadian Teacher Detained for Job Violation
- North Korea's Kim Jong Un wants more summits with South