The stores are expected to close by March; with liquidation sales starting in January.
When the Hoffman Estates, Illinois-based company filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in October, it had 687 stores and 68,000 workers.
Also, the Sears at Westmoreland Mall on Route 30, just outside of Greensburg, will shut its doors as well. But the only public bidder for those assets is the hedge fund controlled by Sears Chairman Eddie Lampert, who is the company's largest creditor and served as CEO until its bankruptcy.
Employees at the Kmart in Apple Valley said Friday they could not comment on the closure and referred questions to the corporate office.
USA government shutdown could stretch to Thursday
The House and Senate gaveled into session for a few minutes on Christmas Eve before quickly closing again with no further action. Senate Democratic leader Chuck Schumer voted for the Secure Fence Act, which passed the Senate on an 80-19 vote.
Lampert and ESL have been trying to buy the rest of Sears for up to $4.6 billion in cash and stock. He said he meant to bid $4.6 billion for 500 stores and other operating assets, including the Kenmore appliance brand. The rules give Sears flexibility to extend the deadline or make other changes that might promote more bids. The company says it has announced the latest round of closings as part of a financial restructuring.
Earlier in the year, Goleta's Kmart closed, with Target intending to take over the space at Storke Road and Hollister Avenue. Last week, US Bankruptcy Court Judge Robert Drain gave initial approval for the $60 million sale of Sears' home improvement business to Service.com.
Earlier on Friday, Sears said it was closing 80 more stores. There are smaller Sears Hometown stores in many Minnesota communities.
- Hodgson hails "magnificent" Townsend goal, says Palace win not about "magic wand"
- Justice Department indicts two Chinese nationals over global hacking campaign
- In a first, Trump makes surprise visit to USA troops in Iraq
- Border official announces changes after 2 children die in US custody
- Erdogan will 'eradicate' remnant IS in Syria, claims Trump
- Court: Justice Ginsburg up and working after surgery
- Firmino hat-trick takes Liverpool nine points clear with Arsenal thrashing
- Blame Manchester United players for José Mourinho's exit - Nemanja Matic
- Not very merry: US stocks plunge before Christmas
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. Tears Into Redskins For Releasing D.J. Swearinger