Statewide phone network outages are also causing problems at Clark County's 911 service, Clark Regional Emergency Services Agency warned Thursday night, and the agency said callers with emergencies should instead dial 360-693-3111.
"We will continue to monitor this situation closely to ensure that consumers' access to 911 is restored as quickly as possible", Pai said.
CenturyLink is a global telecommunications company based in Monroe, Louisiana, serving customers in more than 60 countries and across the US with the internet and other communications services, including phone and TV.
State police spokesperson Dave Procopio said early Friday morning that the department believed the outage knocked out 911 emergency call services for wireless users in the Bay State.
Due to sporadic 911 outages in MA, public safety officials recommended individuals looking for emergency help use the 10-digit telephone number of the fire or police departments they wanted to contact.
Donald Trump 'Prepared for a Very Long Shutdown'
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell , R-Ky., warned senators they may need to return to Washington for a noontime vote Friday. Some Republican senators cheered on the House, but prospects in the Senate are grim amid strong opposition from Democrats.
In Boston, Massachusetts State Police tweeted that the issue was resolved about 8 a.m. Friday. "We apologize for the disruption". "The CenturyLink service outage is therefore completely unacceptable, and its breadth and duration are particularly troubling".
Monroe, Louisiana-based CenturyLink didn't provide details of the problem and it didn't indicate how many customers were affected.
Jessica Rosenworcel, a member of the Federal Communications Commission, said via Twitter that this was a "nationwide outage" and her agency needed to investigate.
Washington first started experiencing these new issues Friday morning at about 1 a.m., according to KOMO News.
- In a first, Trump makes surprise visit to USA troops in Iraq
- Court: Justice Ginsburg up and working after surgery
- Democrats hold firm on shutdown as Trump refuses to take blame
- Instagram blames ‘bug’ for design change that prompted backlash
- Trump makes surprise visit to USA troops in Iraq
- Hodgson hails "magnificent" Townsend goal, says Palace win not about "magic wand"
- Border official announces changes after 2 children die in US custody
- Justice Department indicts two Chinese nationals over global hacking campaign
- USA government shutdown could stretch to Thursday
- What Ruth Bader Ginsburg's lung surgery means