Two defense officials tell CNN that Milley and Trump will be together on the Army side of the field during tomorrow's game and then Trump is expected to visit the Navy side during the second half of the game. He has commanded units with the 10th Mountain Division and the 101st Airborne and served multiple combat tours in Iraq and Afghanistan. The chairman is the highest-ranking military officer in the country and serves as the principal military adviser to the president. A year ago he admonished the House Armed Services Committee for its inability to approve a defense budget, slamming it as "professional malpractice". While serving as the Commanding General, III Corps and Fort Hood, he deployed as the Commanding General, International Security Assistance Force Joint Command and Deputy Commanding General, U.S. Forces - Afghanistan.
Milley made the early decision to charge Bergdahl with desertion and misbehavior before the enemy.
Dunford is a Marine Corps general. Bergdahl was eventually found guilty, reduced in rank to private, dishonorably discharged and fined $10,000, but was spared any additional prison time. Dunford is expected to serve out his term.
White officer indicted for murder in killing of black man
Guyger, a four-year veteran, then entered the apartment, called 911 and started administering first aid to Jean. The incident happened September 6 when Guyger finished her shift and went to her apartment in The Cedars.
Investigators working with special counsel Robert Mueller have grilled White House chief of staff John Kelly as part of their investigation into whether President Donald Trump has been attempting to obstruct justice, according to a new report from CNN. After the deadly white nationalist protest in Charlottesville in August 2017, Mr. Trump incited criticism by saying there were "good people on both sides" of the protest.
Milley, 60, is a graduate of Princeton University.
Inside the Pentagon, Milley was seen as one of two top choices to succeed Dunford alongside the Air Force's top officer, Gen. David Goldfein, a veteran fighter pilot who has served as chief of staff of his service since 2016.
Goldfein began his term as Air Force chief of staff in 2016, so wouldn't be expected to step down until the summer of 2020.
- Carbon Emissions Took Off Like a 'Freight Train' in 2018
- Mark Fitzpatrick: Iran missile test not a 'violation' of UNSCR 2231
- China summons Canada envoy over detention of Huawei exec Meng Wanzhou
- Messi steals Ronaldo's Champions League record
- May faces contempt of parliament threat from Labour as Brexit advice leaks
- Senate defies Trump, showing anger with Saudis for Khashoggi
- In Capitol, Bush remembered as 'great man' and 'gentle soul'
- Spurs fan arrested after banana skin thrown onto Arsenal pitch
- Comey set for closed-door interview with House Republicans
- Trump to meet Erdoğan at G20 summit in Argentina