Elsewhere in the trailer, we do see some more significant aspects of the movie, including the fact that Marvel seems to be introducing a new origin story for Danvers.
A second look at March 2019's "Captain Marvel" lays out a bit more of the landscape that this space-faring superheroine lives in: an intergalactic war come to earth, a life full of flashbacks, fabulously conditioned hair, and Nick Fury without an eyepatch.
Captain Marvel is scheduled to arrive a few months before the much-anticipated Avengers 4 and is expected to have a co-relation with the events that took place in Avengers: Infinity War. And just like that, we get yet another succession shot of different ages of Carol Danvers rises up until her title character appears, charging up for an attack. Okay, Marvel Entertainment will likely drop the trailer at some point, but the fan-led anticipation for the first official trailer alone should show that the MCU's best type of promotion is sometimes no promo at all (at least not initially).
"Your life began the day it almost ended", she says in the clip.
White officer indicted for murder in killing of black man
Guyger, a four-year veteran, then entered the apartment, called 911 and started administering first aid to Jean. The incident happened September 6 when Guyger finished her shift and went to her apartment in The Cedars.
"Who will win if Superman confronts Captain Marvel?". After an accident, she was found by the Kree, an alien race, who fused her DNA with their own, making her the powerful titular superhero.
Why it matters: "Captain Marvel" promises to be an important film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Memories of her friend Maria Rambeau (Lashana Lynch) and her past life on Earth keep bubbling up. "Noble warrior heroes", Carol answers, before cracking a smile.
The line, uttered by Annette Benning in the trailer, is a direct callback to the 2014 Captain Marvel story by Kellysue DeConnick and artist David Lopez known as Higher, Further, Faster, More. But before long, Carol finds herself back on Earth with new questions about her past.
Captain Marvel is directed by the team of Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck, who also co-wrote the screenplay with Geneva Robertson-Dworet and Jac Schaeffer. She was indeed a Skrull, set to destroy Captain Marvel.
- Facebook executive grilled by MPs after Parliament seizes data scandal documents
- Manchester United v Young Boys
- 3 people shot at Galleria in Hoover, gunman dead
- G20 Summit: May 'encourages' Saudi Arabia to co-operate in murder investigation
- How to watch Manchester United vs
- Brian Mulroney remembers George HW Bush as 'a great friend of Canada'
- Kid Rock out of Christmas parade after comments
- Kremlin Says Putin, Trump Will Meet on Sidelines of G-20
- Senate defies Trump, showing anger with Saudis for Khashoggi
- Man shoots woman to death in Ocala Walmart, still at large