The Red Devils played out a dour 0-0 draw with Crystal Palace at the weekend, leaving them seventh in the Premier League, 14 points behind leaders Manchester City. "When you're not the gap is obviously going to be big".
As he plans to crank up the pressure on his players to secure a victory against Young Boys, Mourinho was asked if his players prefer to play away rather than at home due to the expectations of United's 75,000-plus supporters at Old Trafford.
"You can see them go away to Chelsea and almost win, go away to Watford and Young Boys, and sometimes you can watch them at home against Wolves or Crystal Palace or Valencia, and they're nowhere near".
"I think we need to keep working hard as a team and creating those chances and ultimately finishing them and making sure the games that we are dominate we win".
It's upsettingly easy to bend the new iPad Pro
Both tablets are smaller than the models they replace as well and are even thinner than before. The most interesting, and hurtful, part though is the actual bend test.
It is said that Mourinho now sees Arnautovic as capable of revitalising a United front line which has gone stale of late, with the Portuguese seeking to boost United's hopes of reaching the all-important Champions League places.
The result that followed was more damning as Manchester United limped to a draw to Crystal Palace at Old Trafford and lost more ground in the race to finish in the top four. And their boss Hodgson says that Lindelof showed great desire to play through injury at the end. We just depend on ourselves. They're inconsistent, not just in games, but from half to half within games.
"They are spoilt kids now, the kids of today have a different life, an easier environment and I'm talking about the people around the players". Probably the fans think José told them to start slow [in recent games] but it's the opposite.
'What I want is a team to start strong, not to be waiting, ' he said. "I want my players to be proactive not reactive", said Mourinho.
"The solution is that probably I have to make certain choices based on heart and then probably I will play myself. I want them to start strong and go for it nearly immediately".
- Climate Change May Chastise US economy, US government report says
- President rakes over causes of fire in California
- Check Out John Williams' New Score For Disney's Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge
- How Pelosi battle reflects Democratic frustration over leadership 'bottleneck'
- Don't eat romaine lettuce: Health Canada
- Finnish president confirms forestry chat with Donald Trump
- Federer routs Thiem to keep chances alive at ATP Finals
- GM to slash jobs and production as USA sedan sales sink
- Fight over Jim Acosta's White House press pass seems far from over
- Netanyahu says ‘unnecessary and wrong’ to call snap Israeli polls