Intense snow squalls will move through the region Wednesday afternoon and wind-chill factors could make Thanksgiving Day one of the coldest on record.
The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade might even be "a frigid nightmare", according to The New York Post.
"High pressure moving off the coast will allow temperatures to moderate some on Friday and particularly on Saturday", the weather service says. AccuWeather is predicting a low of 15 and a high of 24 in Boston on Thanksgiving Day.
'A stronger wave of low pressure will likely impact the area later tonight into Tuesday with accumulating snow across northern MA.
Snow squalls are now moving across New York State and will enter the Berkshires around mid-afternoon. I don't expect roads to become a problem in most areas as temperatures will be marginally cold.
More of the same is in store for Friday.
Check Out John Williams' New Score For Disney's Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge
You can visit Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge at Disneyland in Summer 2019 and at Disney's Hollywood Studios in Fall 2019. In a story discussing the Millenium Falcon ride past year , creators shared their ideas and dreams for the park.
We had a cool start to our Wednesday with temperatures in the 50s.
A wind chill advisory has been issued for western MA for Thursday morning.
New York City's forecast high is 27 degrees, which may not break the record for coldest Thanksgiving, but will likely be in the top 3. After the snow Tuesday and Wednesday, the weather service said the rest of the holiday week is looking like it will be dry and cold. Strong winds gust to near 40 miles per hour most of the day meaning any amount of snow will cause issue with visibility and road conditions.
This is a big travel day across the region and other than a few snow showers in Northern New England - and perhaps a quick snow shower in Southern New England - it looks to be quite dry. Gusty winds associated with an anticipated cold front could make travel even more hazardous.
All in all, the weather this week is much better than in previous years.
- 150 killed in battle for Yemen's Hodeida as global alarm grows
- Netanyahu says ‘unnecessary and wrong’ to call snap Israeli polls
- Trump and his legal team met Monday to answer Mueller's questions
- Spice Girls add 2 shows as ticket demand skyrockets
- Kareena calls Sara Ali Khan a "born star" ahead of debut film
- It's upsettingly easy to bend the new iPad Pro
- Trump ordered to allow CNN journalist back
- Top 10 Stan Lee cameos across TV and film
- Sony's PlayStation Black Friday Deals Rock Deep Discounts On Consoles And PSVR
- Melania Trump calls for White House security aide to be fired