"You look at other countries where they do it differently and it's a whole different story".
Yana Valachovic, forest adviser with University of California's Cooperative Extension program told the Washington Post the notion of managing the fuel of the forest fires is correct - but raking the forest floor isn't a viable solution to the problem.
The derisive hashtag #haravointi, which is Finnish for "raking", has been the rallying cry for some sardonic Finnish wit and memery.
It was all of course a nod to his suggestion simply raking the forests in California could have prevented the loss of lives.
There are now 1,318 people accounted for in the area, Bowersox said, an increase of 604 from Saturday.
One of those ideas is raking.
Welcome to "rake America great again".
He said he was thinking of the dead and also mourning the warm, tight-knit community. "We don't exactly manicure all of it".
"You've got to take care of the floors". The fire zone in Northern California is to some extent Trump country, and that enthusiasm was on display as dozens of people cheered and waved flags as his motorcade went by.
Fight over Jim Acosta's White House press pass seems far from over
Add Donald Trump as an interest to stay up to date on the latest Donald Trump news, video, and analysis from ABC News. Trump said. "I mean, with this stuff, you never know what's going to happen".
Heath Hockenberry, the National Weather Service's fire program leader, said in "high-intensity" fires trees release gas that can form pockets and creates a "very volatile, waxy layer under the soil".
Hundreds of evacuees were being housed in 14 emergency shelters set up in churches, schools and community centres around the region, with more than 46,000 people remaining under evacuation orders, authorities said.
He said: "We have to do management, maintenance and we'll be working also with environmental groups".
Some returned to a command center in the Northern California city of Chico on Friday after 24-hour shifts.
More than 12,000 of the 15,000-plus structures which have been destroyed by the Camp fire were located in Paradise.
While many have made light of Trump's Finnish "raking" claims, the wildfires that have swept across California have taken a devastating toll.
Authorities have not yet declared an official cause of the fires and are investigating their origins.
- Cent & Nas Send Prayers To Diddy After Kim Porter's Death
- Bobbitt, couple charged in homeless GoFundMe case
- Wayne Rooney 'embarrassed' by the end of his time at Manchester United
- Kareena calls Sara Ali Khan a "born star" ahead of debut film
- The John Lewis Christmas advert 2018 has finally arrived - see it here!
- Top 10 Stan Lee cameos across TV and film
- Sony's PlayStation Black Friday Deals Rock Deep Discounts On Consoles And PSVR
- May to continue negotiations on UK’s EU exit
- Sarah Sanders promotes an altered video of CNN reporter
- Spice Girls add 2 shows as ticket demand skyrockets