With a team of Marvel artists, especially Jack Kirby and Steve Ditko, Lee co-created many beloved comic book characters including Spider-Man, the Hulk, Doctor Strange, the Fantastic Four, Daredevil, Black Panther and the X-Men.
Lee was known for his cameo roles in most Marvel films, pulling a girl away from falling debris in 2002's "Spider-Man" and serving as an emcee at a strip club in 2016's "Deadpool". Since moving on from Marvel, he has remained in the public eye largely thanks to the success of Marvel's movies where he is listed as executive producer and can be spotted in many obvious-yet-endearing cameos.
"It's a feeling that the most important thing for a man to do is to have work to do, to be busy, to be needed", he wrote.
Here are just some of the tributes that have been paid to Mr Lee, including some from those who we worked with in the hugely successful Marvel movies.
Wildfire forces Kim Kardashian to evacuate her home - view pics
Meteorologists issued red-flag warnings and wind alerts throughout the state into Friday, sparking fears the fires could worsen. Yesterday evening, Kim posted pictures of the Woolsey Fire on her Instagram account after landing in her private jet.
Roy released a statement about his last moments with Stan, noting the Marvel legend "lacked much of the old Stan Lee energy" most people had come to know him by. They made him too big in the first two movies - I don't think he had to be as big as King Kong.
"Marvel and the entire Walt Disney Company salute the life and career of Stan Lee and offer their undying gratitude for his unmatchable accomplishments within their halls". Lee was also a World War II veteran, a screenwriter and married to his wife Joanie for 70 years.
Captain America actor Chris Evans mourned the loss of Lee on Twitter. The nerd world will eventually recover from the loss of Stan Lee, as he will never be forgotten. "He loved his life and he loved what he did for a living".
- 9 thoughts on the Red Sox’ World Series title
- Girl Scouts killed in hit-and-run ID'd, suspect admitted to 'huffing'
- Jimmy Butler going to 76ers from Minnesota
- CIS: Coming caravan both good and bad for Trump
- Apple Cancels Plans to Boost iPhone XR Production
- South Korea gets United States exemption on Iran crude oil imports
- We don't fear Manchester United anymore - Francis
- US Courts Rule Against Georgia on Voter Suppression Cases
- Thiem eliminates Sock to reach Paris Masters semis
- Sarah Sanders promotes an altered video of CNN reporter