Gers dominated at Hampden but, with top scorer Alfredo Morelos suspended, they lacked a cutting edge as frontman Umar Sadiq was handed his first start.
The former Liverpool captain added that the side want to "make supporters happy again" and the way to do that was winning.
"I don't think any other players can use tiredness as an excuse but we just weren't at it, we didn't do enough to win the game."
The 22-year-old said: "It is not an easy place to go to but I'm sure that if we keep together and keep our work-rate high we can get something out of the game".
"We'll try and recover, we will analyse, debrief and besides that we hope some players self-reflect and we get a reaction".
Liverpool academy product, Jordan Rossiter, has had several frustrating injuries since joining Rangers back in 2016 but was named on the bench on Sunday.
Guardiola: I Will Never Manager Another Premier League Club
But Guardiola is happy to classify Spurs as title contenders and knows the importance of coming away from Wembley with three points. "That is going to happen anywhere".
"It's a warning", he said.
"At a big club, you expect big players to step up on big occasions and provide big moments", he said. "If that doesn't happen, at any big club, the manager and the recruitment (staff) find better players or players who will do that".
"If there are any fingers to be pointed let them point at me", Gerrard told BT Sport.
"It is squad game and Andy and I understand that it is all healthy competition".
"We congratulate Aberdeen, they've smashed-and-grabbed and punished us from a set-piece and they go through". The worst thing you want after a semi-final loss is a long time to wait to play again.
"That is not to take anything away from the players who went to Ibrox a year ago and put in a really gutsy performance and managed to nick a 1-1 draw".
- Brazil elections: Far-right leader Jair Bolsonaro set to win
- Pence: Khashoggi's Death 'Will Not Go Without An American Response'
- On heels of Mega Millions, Powerball now has near-record jackpot
- Manchester United Won’t Sell Pogba Because Of THIS Reason
- Woman reunited with missing son after 31 years
- Key moments surrounding the killing of Jamal Khashoggi
- US Warships Sail Through Taiwan Strait Amid Trade War With China
- Pipe-Bomb Suspect Cesar Sayoc Kept Target List
- Meghan Markle's father reacts to learning his daughter is pregnant
- Tesla reports first quarterly profit since 2016, plans new ride-sharing service