There is no word yet regarding who was on board the helicopter - but Sky sources understand Leicester vice-chairman Aiyawatt Srivaddanaprabha and Leicester Director of Football John Rudkin were not among the passengers.
Emergency services work at the scene on the wreckage of a helicopter that crashed in a auto park outside Leicester City Football Club's King Power Stadium in Leicester, England.
Srivaddhanaprabha is a Thai billionaire businessman who has owned Leicester City since 2010.
"I hope they're OK".
"The helicopter was hovering near the stadium roof after taking off and then it started to come down", an eyewitness said.
They seemed initially outmatched by richer and more established clubs from London, Liverpool and Manchester, languishing at the very bottom the table for most of the 2014-15 season. It is also not yet known if anyone on the ground was injured.
US Warships Sail Through Taiwan Strait Amid Trade War With China
China has also constructed artificial islands atop submerged reefs in the South China Sea and placed weapons and aircraft on them. Navy conducted a similar mission in the strait's worldwide waters in July, which had been the first such voyage in about a year.
In 2014, he said they would spend £180m to break into the top five within three years.
Leading players in the side, including Jamie Vardy and Harry Maguire, sent messages of support on Twitter while rival clubs including Manchester City also voiced their concern.
Media and members of the public are seen at a police cordon outside Leicester City Football Club's King Power Stadium in Leicester, eastern England, on October 27, 2018 after a helicopter crashed in a auto park outside the stadium.
"The first resource (arrived) within two minutes of the call", the ambulance service said. It's over on the other side of the vehicle park, I don't think there were people there.
Image: The Leicester City chairman's helicopter.
More details to follow.
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's visit to Dubbo
- People's Vote march: Eastbourne councillor joins 700000 in London Brexit protest
- Still No Winner Of Mega Millions’ Billion Dollar Jackpot
- Tesla reports first quarterly profit since 2016, plans new ride-sharing service
- Who is M Nageshwar Rao, the interim CBI Director?
- Key moments surrounding the killing of Jamal Khashoggi
- Meghan Markle's father reacts to learning his daughter is pregnant
- David Luiz: 'Chelsea's spirit against Manchester United was amazing'
- Megyn Kelly out at NBC
- The Pixel Stand Saga Proves Google Is Becoming More Like Apple