J.B. Pritzker's campaign spent more than $2 million advertising on Facebook, third most behind Texas Democrat Beto O'Rourke's campaign for Senate and President Trump.
O'Rourke spent $21 million in the first half of October and still had $10.3 million in the bank as of Oct. 17. This ad archive details which page or group paid for the campaign, how much they spent on it, its reach and other ads the page has stumped up for.
The social network released a new Ad Archive report as part of an effort to be more transparent about political promotions after Russian operatives used its service to stir up conflict in the USA around the 2016 presidential race. The social-media company has been running a campaign totaling $12.5 million worth of ads on Facebook and Instagram, seeking to convince the public that it's addressing big issues - such as misinformation and election interference.
Also, according to Facebook, nearly $5 million has been spent running ads on President Donald Trump's main Facebook page, "Donald J. Trump".
Who is M Nageshwar Rao, the interim CBI Director?
Odisha cadre IPS officer M Nageshwar Rao took charge as the interim chief of Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) today. This was decided after he made a decision to take the CBI to court challenging the corruption case filed against him.
Other big names logging more than a million dollars in Facebook ads included the National Republican Congressional Committee, Tom Steyer's Need to Impeach super PAC, Planned Parenthood, Kamala Harris and NextGen Climate Action Committee, according to OpenSecrets.
In a blog post, Facebook product manager, Arti Kulkarni said, "We're introducing the Ad Archive Report for ads in the United States related to politics and issues of national importance". Proposition 112 would set minimum distance requirements for new gas and oil projects.
Facebook released new information Tuesday about the political ads that appear on its site, days after a New York Times report raised concerns about the rigor of the tech giant's method for tracking them.
Facebook has made its Ad Archive feature a little more comprehensive to help citizens understand which political party is spending more on ads on the social network.
- Manchester United Won’t Sell Pogba Because Of THIS Reason
- Polio-Like Disease Striking Children: What You Need to Know
- Saudi Arabia admits Khashoggi killed
- On heels of Mega Millions, Powerball now has near-record jackpot
- Liberals lose blue ribbon seat as voters send message to Canberra
- Key moments surrounding the killing of Jamal Khashoggi
- The Pixel Stand Saga Proves Google Is Becoming More Like Apple
- Still No Winner Of Mega Millions’ Billion Dollar Jackpot
- US Warships Sail Through Taiwan Strait Amid Trade War With China
- How Ted Cruz Went from Lyin' Ted to Texas Ted