"I know Megyn Kelly, I've spent time with her". Both NBC's Nightly News and Today did stories on her blackface comment, and weatherman Al Roker said Ms Kelly "owes a big apology to people of color across the country". Kelly's lawyer Bryan Freedman released his own statement after NBC's, saying on Friday that "Megyn remains an employee of NBC News and discussions about next steps are continuing". "Next week, the 9 a.m. hour will be hosted by other "Today" co-anchors", the peacock network said in a statement.
As for Kelly herself, a source told NBC News, "Conversations have already started about Megyn's exit from the network".
The show's 40 or so employees will reportedly remain with Today, NBC News reports, but the future of executive producer Jacklyn Levin is unclear, according to a person familiar with the situation but not authorized to speak publicly.
The show's cancellation came four days after she provoked a firestorm for her on-air comments about blackface as a costume.
Floresville resident claims $5 million Mega Millions prize
Because no Mega Millions winners emerged, the next scheduled drawing on Tuesday was projected to be worth a record $1.6 billion. And let's hear it for Rhode Island, the smallest population state to have won a Mega Millions jackpot in the past five years.
As far as replacing Kelly on NBC, King says that the network "never consults me about who they want to hire". She said she wasn't clear on why some consider the practices racist.
In Theron's new movie, which does not have an official release date yet, the Oscar victor co-stars with John Lithgow, who's playing Kelly's former Fox News boss Roger Ailes, and Nicole Kidman playing Fox News commentator Gretchen Carlson. This was all before Kelly said on Tuesday that dressing in black face was "ok" when she was a kid.
NBC hired Kelly away from Fox News with incredible fanfare previous year. "Well, I was wrong and I am sorry", she said. "Blood coming out of her wherever". At the same time, her former association with Fox caused some NBC colleagues and viewers to regard her with suspicion. She has accused Fox co-founder Roger Ailes of sexually harassing her. Ailes died in May 2017.
- Megyn Kelly out at NBC
- The Pixel Stand Saga Proves Google Is Becoming More Like Apple
- On heels of Mega Millions, Powerball now has near-record jackpot
- Donald Trump applauds Republican congressman Greg Gianforte for 'body-slamming' reporter
- Still No Winner Of Mega Millions’ Billion Dollar Jackpot
- US Warships Sail Through Taiwan Strait Amid Trade War With China
- Twitter airs election meddling data
- Key moments surrounding the killing of Jamal Khashoggi
- Saudi operative wore Khashoggi’s clothes, acted as decoy to fool Turkish police
- Liberals lose blue ribbon seat as voters send message to Canberra