While the winning ticket for the record-breaking $1.6 billion jackpot was sold in SC, four tickets, worth up to $3 million each, were sold in the sunshine state.
Only one ticket matched all six numbers in the Mega Million drawing on Tuesday night.
Still, the Safeway ticket is one of 34 tickets nationwide to match five numbers that took home $1 million.
The numbers drawn were 3, 21, 45, 53, 56, and the Powerball was 22.
It's not $1.586 billion, but Wednesday's night Powerball jackpot of $602.5 million is nothing to sneeze at.
The victor of the jackpot has 180 days to come forward to claim the prize, according to WIS-TV. The estimated cash option - should the victor choose to take a one-time lump-sum payment instead of annual payouts over 30 years - is US$878 million before taxes, according to Mega Millions officials.
The largest Powerball jackpot of $1.586 billion was split three ways in January 2016.
Meghan Markle's father reacts to learning his daughter is pregnant
Meghan reportedly took a picture with teenager Sethunya Gibbons who Prince Harry remarked looked like Meghan when she was younger. It's been an exhausting week, and although the Duchess hasn't had any morning sickness, she has been very exhausted .
His niece Bobbie Mickle told NBC10: 'He told them he was on his way to buy a lottery ticket and he was disappointed that he didn't get it.
The lump sum cash payout is estimated at $354.3m.
"Typically, about 70 per cent of sales occur on the drawing day, so forecasting precise numbers in advance can be hard", he said.
Sales reached almost $US740 million during that time, lottery officials said.
The victor of the $1.5 billion Mega Million jackpot isn't the only one walking away with some extra pocket change.
The ticket was bought at a Hy-Vee gas outlet.
Also, South Carolina's Mega Millions victor isn't the only one going home with some money.
No one has won the Powerball jackpot since August 11, when a man from Staten Island, New York, won $245.6 million. Kansas Mega Millions sales were $4,579,551. The odds of winning are 1 in 292.2 million for Powerball.
- Still No Winner Of Mega Millions’ Billion Dollar Jackpot
- U.S. Must ‘Push Harder for the Truth’ About Journalist Jamal Khashoggi
- Woman Abandons Toddler On Doorstep Of Home
- Polio-Like Disease Striking Children: What You Need to Know
- Saudi operative wore Khashoggi’s clothes, acted as decoy to fool Turkish police
- YouTube users question sanity, reality as service goes dark worldwide
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's visit to Dubbo
- Saudi Arabia admits Khashoggi killed
- Twitter airs election meddling data
- Liberals lose blue ribbon seat as voters send message to Canberra