"You do get in trouble if you are a white person who puts on blackface for Halloween, or a black person who puts on white face for Halloween".
She apologized later in the day and on her show Wednesday, but there are published reports that her time at NBC could end soon. According to the publications, NBC network execs "think it might be ideal time to give her Today time slot to Kelly, who has a huge fan base and is extremely well-liked and relatable", a source told Radar.
Following a row over defending wearing blackface, Kelly has been removed from her namesake talkshow for at least the remainder of the week, with NBC saying in a statement that "given the circumstances" they will air repeats in her time slot. "We are just working out timing of the announcement but mark my word - she is gone and will never be seen on NBC live again". The Hollywood Reporter says Freedman is preparing for a "showdown" with NBC on Friday and it is increasingly unlikely Kelly will be able to continue at the network. Audiences were equally unexcited about Megyn Kelly Today.
Two additional sources insist the controversial host has not been fired from NBC completely, but her morning show is "most likely over".
Megyn Kelly Today has been canceled, according to multiple reports.
The host came under fire on Tuesday after suggesting that it was acceptable to wear blackface as long as it was part of a Halloween costume.
Before Megyn made the jump to NBC, she was earning $8 million a year at Fox. But she almost ended things after he nearly got one of her dogs killed.
Liberals lose blue ribbon seat as voters send message to Canberra
Dr Phelps now has 51.1 per cent of the vote in two-party terms, with the deadline for postal votes coming on November 2. Independent candidate Dr Kerryn Phelps as claimed victory in Malcolm Turnbull's old seat of Wentworth.
Spokespeople for NBC News declined to comment, and most staffers at the news division remain in the dark about what's happening with the show.
"The fact is, she owes a bigger apology to folks of color around the county", he said.
One source said that it seemed inevitable Kelly would be phased out of the industry.
The journalist, who got her start as an attorney, said that when she was "a little girl", born in IL and then raised in upstate NY, "I hated the non-traditional spelling because I wanted the monogrammed mugs, plaques, and other things with the name on them - always spelled 'Megan.' Now I like the unusual spelling, and some of our viewers tell me they've actually adopted it for their own little 'Megyns'".
"They're contacting the staff and reassigning everyone today", the source tells the outlet. They were hoping to bring some of her popularity.
- David Luiz: 'Chelsea's spirit against Manchester United was amazing'
- YouTube users question sanity, reality as service goes dark worldwide
- On heels of Mega Millions, Powerball now has near-record jackpot
- People's Vote march: Eastbourne councillor joins 700000 in London Brexit protest
- Floresville resident claims $5 million Mega Millions prize
- Woman Abandons Toddler On Doorstep Of Home
- Donald Trump applauds Republican congressman Greg Gianforte for 'body-slamming' reporter
- Borna Coric, Novak Djokovic reach final of Shanghai Masters
- Meghan Markle's father reacts to learning his daughter is pregnant
- Saudi operative wore Khashoggi’s clothes, acted as decoy to fool Turkish police