Bolt, the 100 metres world record holder and eight-time Olympic gold medal victor, joined Central Coast on trial in August in a bid to win a contract.
And, prior to the match at Sydney's Campbelltown Stadium, the Jamaican said he hoped he would do enough in his first start against the select side from Australia's second tier to secure a permanent deal.
"He's mixed in with everybody fantastically well". He's finally shown the world what he is capable of, but he clearly still has a long way to go yet. It was easily his best moment to date in a Mariners jersey.
Usain Bolt wants to be a footballer more than anything in the world.
The Mariners went into the break 2-0 up as Tommy Oar found McCormack for the opener on eight minutes and Jordan Murray scoring three minutes before the break.
The chances were coming thick and fast for the nine-time gold medal victor, playing a one-two with McCormack only to whiff on the return ball in a glorious position.
OnePlus 6T image renders show Mirror Black, Midnight Black colour variants
OnePlus has not been shy in releasing the odd detail on its next smartphone, with a teaser video hitting Twitter last week. If you look closely, it looks slightly different from OnePlus 6 with a slimmer design and flatter look and feel to it.
He showed good strength to hold off a defender and race onto a through-ball before beating the goalkeeper at the near post with a strong left-foot shot in the 55th minute.
But Bolt appeared to be deprived of service for much of the first half - the Mariners preferring to play up the wings leaving Bolt with an outstretched arm in the air, similar to his trademark Lightning Bolt celebration. When he was subbed off in the 74th minute of the match, the crowd booed as they wanted a hat-trick for their sprint hero.
It was a world away from what we saw in Bolt's first trial game, but what exactly has he improved on?
Bolt said he had a "lot more to learn" and was keen to join the Mariners on a professional contract.
McCormack, who is now on a season-long loan at the A-League club from Championship side Aston Villa, turned out for the Whites between 2010 and 2014, scoring 53 times in 140 appearances.
"He's a very humble man, but he's also very self-confident". He's absolutely spot-on with that.
- Storm Near Gulf of Mexico Aims for Florida’s Panhandle
- All the Details on Princess Eugenie's Royal Wedding Flowers
- Google's Failed Social Network, Google+, Will Be No More
- Petrol, Diesel Prices Rise In Metros Despite Cuts; Check Rates Here
- USA politics plumbs new depths as President Trump mocks women
- Goodale 'very concerned' by Russian spies' cyberattack on Canada, allies
- Amazon announces $50 4K-capable Fire TV Stick
- Atiku clinches PDP presidential ticket with 1532 votes
- Google Shuts Down Google+ After Privacy Breach
- Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin Announces Support For Kavanaugh