Coming a distant third was the President of the Senate, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki.
After emerging victorious at the presidential primary of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar has thanked the party for choosing him to be its flag-bearer for the 2019 presidential election.
He said: "This time around we must get it right by ensuring that the party field a candidate that can defeat the All Progressives Congress (APC) in 2019".
The delegates accredited to vote at the primary poll totaled 3, 221.
Nigeria is Africa's most populous nation with some 190 million inhabitants from around 250 ethnic groups spread across a mostly Muslim north and mostly Christian south.
It said the PDP nomination would be a tight race between Abubakar and Tambuwal.
Petrol, Diesel Prices Rise In Metros Despite Cuts; Check Rates Here
The effective reduction would be Rs 4.06 per litre. "Thus petrol & diesel wd be Rs. 5 cheaper in the State of Gujarat". With a similar increase, petrol is now priced at Rs 83.52 and Rs 84.89 per litre in Kolkata and Chennai, respectively.
He then entered the private sector, investing in oil services and agriculture, among other industries.
Not even the challenge of infrastructure, not the bloodletting we are witnessing in different parts of Nigeria from Zamfara, down to the middle-belt states of Taraba, Benue, Plateau, Southern Kaduna, Adamawa and the rest and sundry acts of kidnapping across this country.
He has also come under criticism on security issues, including the Boko Haram insurgency in the northeast, long-running farmer-herder clashes in the centre and militancy and kidnapping in the south.
An agent of one of the low-scoring aspirants who spoke to DAILY NIGERIAN shortly after the conclusion of sorting, said the former vice president in a pole position to pick the ticket. Ex-minister Obiageli Ezekwesili, co-founder of a group to raise awareness about more than 200 girls kidnapped by Boko Haram in 2014, earlier announced that she will also run.
As governor in 2004, Duke initiated the Calabar carnival that is now popularly known as "Africa's biggest street party".
- USA politics plumbs new depths as President Trump mocks women
- Federal Bureau of Investigation sought interview with Brett Kavanaugh accuser Friday night
- Mourinho: Blame for United’s poor start to season not just on me
- Storm Near Gulf of Mexico Aims for Florida’s Panhandle
- Timberwolves shooting for moon in Butler trade talks
- OnePlus 6T image renders show Mirror Black, Midnight Black colour variants
- Ryder Cup 2018: Rory McIlroy outburst backfires - but Europe remain on top
- Ohio State outlasts Penn State in an instant classic: 3 takeaways
- Goodale 'very concerned' by Russian spies' cyberattack on Canada, allies
- Key passages from Julie Swetnick's declaration alleging sexual misconduct against Brett Kavanaugh