By Sunday night, it was downgraded to a tropical depression in the National Hurricane Center's 11 PM advisory. There are no coastal watches or warnings in effect from that storm, which packs top sustained winds of 40 miles per hour (65 kph).
As for Kirk, it was located about 950 miles west-southwest of the southernmost Cabo Verde Islands and about 1,615 miles east of the Windward Islands, the 5 a.m. advisory showed.
"Whether Kirk is a tropical wave, depression, or storm, it should continue moving rapidly westward for the next couple of days".
On Saturday, Kirk became the southernmost named storm since Bret in June past year, but it is also struggling in 2018′s storm-killing environment and is a disorganized tropical depression now.
Subtropical storm Leslie developed Sunday morning. With environmental conditions still favorable for continued development, that could become a tropical depression within the next few days.
Conditions for development look pretty good for the next day or so but will likely deteriorate by the time the disturbance nears the southeastern USA coast.
Florence turns deadly, inundates Carolinas with 'historic' rainfall
I was in one in Wilmington yesterday that had something like 400 cars waiting in line to fill their tanks and their canisters. Some good news: Waffle House is open! "I feel like the dumbest human being who ever walked the face of the earth", he said.
Forecasters say Subtropical Storm Leslie has formed in the north Atlantic, far from land. Kirk was barely hanging on as a tropical storm with only 40 miles per hour winds thanks to lots of African dust in its path. The flooding is expected to start Tuesday near parts of the Pee Dee and Waccamaw rivers. There are several areas the First Coast News Storm Experts are watching closely.
However, Kirk could encounter shear that could weaken the storm over the Caribbean.
Elsewhere, Tropical Storm Kirk continues to trek to the west and away from Africa. It left at least 43 people dead across North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia. The National Hurricane Center thinks Leslie could merge with another subtropical low that could form nearby this week.
However, "upper-level winds" are expected to increase, limiting the storm's chances for developing even more as it moves near the U.S. East Coast, according to the NHC.
The Penderlea Fire Department posted similar photos and video of firefighters using a hose to wash the fish off the pavement.
- Disney is bringing several Marvel heroes spinoffs to its upcoming streaming service
- Trump orders Justice Dept
- Read Andrea Constand’s emotional victim-impact statement about Bill Cosby
- U.S., China hike tariffs as trade war intensifies
- Mourinho tells Pogba he will not captain Man United again
- Price, how to get free trial, NES games
- Russian Federation to Supply New S-300 Missile Defense System to Syria
- Emery Reveals Why He Benched In-Form Guendouzi Against Everton
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus signs letter supporting Kavanaugh accuser Christine Blasey Ford
- What Kawhi Leonard had to say about joining the Toronto Raptors