Pogba has worn the captains armband for several games this season (mostly due to Antonio Valencia's ongoing injury problems) despite his outspoken nature in the media and reports of a rift between himself and Mourinho over the past 12 months.
This defeat will only worsen an already tense atmosphere at Old Trafford, as well as within the dressing room.
He has indicated privately he will not look to force a transfer in January but will reassess his options at the end of the season.
It prompted a group of supporters to pay for a protest banner to be flown over Turf Moor during the 2-0 win over Burnley on September 2 that read: "Ed Woodward - A specialist in failure".
Asked what is stopping United attacking more, Pogba said: "I can't tell you because I'm a player".
Paul Pogba urges Manchester United to "attack, attack, attack"
The former Sporting Lisbon and Porto playmaker has been included in Alan Shearer's Team of the Week as a result. If there was an award for the best bargain of the season, Moutinho would be the front-runner right now.
In his post-match interview after the Derby loss, Mourinho insisted there was no fall out between him and Pogba, though.
I get it, I do get it and I'm sure it's something the players talk about in the dressing room.But I don't think it helps. That's my way of thinking - we should move better, we should move more, yeah.
Derby had been moments away from winning 2-1 in normal time after United keeper Sergio Romero was sent off in the 67th minute but Marouane Fellaini got a stoppage-time equaliser. "I don't blame a player missing in penalties because I knew if it went in the direction". Then there were a few more mistakes and not a lot of movement in front because we didn't really put them in trouble.
Mourinho had a different theory as to why United were unable to beat last season's Championship winners.
But while reiterating United's ability to compete for the best players in the transfer market - the club have forecast revenues of between £615m and £630m for 2018/19 - Woodward underlined the importance of a clear pathway to the first team for academy talents. Ninety-five per cent isn't enough'.
- Fresh deadline for Brett Kavanaugh accuser adds to supreme court drama
- U.S., China hike tariffs as trade war intensifies
- Google Pixel 3 XL Even Less Exciting Now
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus signs letter supporting Kavanaugh accuser Christine Blasey Ford
- PSG coach Tuchel looking to follow Madrid's Champions League example
- Trump challenges Kavanaugh accuser's credibility, dividing Republicans
- Eminem Destroys Machine Gun Kelly In Epic Rant After Diss Tracks
- Deliveroo announces riders will deliver to queueing iPhone customers
- China won't devalue yuan to boost exports, says Premier Li
- Kavanaugh Denies Allegation Of Sexual Misconduct During High School