Either way, based on a report from NFL Network's Ian Rapport, it sounds like the Redskins won't need to worry about the risks associated with trading for Gordon because the New England Patriots are in the lead to acquire the talented yet troubled wide receiver.
But on Monday, the Browns traded Gordon, the only 1,000-yard receiver Cleveland has had since Braylon Edwards in 2007, to the Patriots.
The Browns made it known over the weekend that they were planning to release Gordon if they couldn't trade him.
Josh Gordon's unusual, stuttering career will start anew in New England. Gordon will be a restricted free agent after the season and New England can tender him.
Talent has never been a question with this 2013 First-team All-Pro, but Gordon, 27, comes with heavy baggage, which is why his time with the Browns is over.
This came after Gordon suffered a hamstring injury at a promotional shoot on Friday night and then he showed up late to the team's facility.
Trump thanks North Korea's Kim, says 'we will get it done together'
President Donald Trump held a landmark summit in Singapore in June, in which they agreed to work toward complete denuclearization. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo last month, citing insufficient progress in denuclearization.
On the surface, Gordon would be an interesting addition to the Redskins, especially since Washington doesn't truly have a receiver of his caliber on their roster.
"I hate to determine it a relief", Jackson said. "I always think trust is whatever wide receiver is out there". We'll see how it goes this week. Gordon missed the 2015 season because of a drug suspension and opted to spend 2016 in rehab.
Now we have a clearer picture of how Gordon broke the team's trust.
I mean, we all knew that's where this was heading, didn't we? ESPN's Mike Clay, who handles statistical projections for the website's fantasy football operation, foresees a presumed "significant role" for Gordon resulting in 55 catches for 851 yards and six touchdowns over 13 games this season, even with Edelman returning and posting good numbers in his own right.
Last week, Gordon found himself in more trouble.
- Man arrested in extraordinary airport car chase
- Papadopoulos Sentenced To 14 Days In Prison
- Hurricane Florence strengthens to Category 2 storm
- Hurricane Florence by the (frightening) numbers
- SpaceX announces new plan to send tourist around Moon
- Verdict: England given immediate perspective on where they stand by Spain’s display
- Tiger Woods, Rory McIlroy off to torrid start at Aronimink
- Trump claims credit for the economy. Not so fast, says Obama
- Alex Jones squares off with Marco Rubio during press conference
- Gennady Golovkin storms away from post-fight interview after controversial Canelo loss