Despite Trump's incorrect tweet, both figures are good for Trump, with the GDP growth rate the highest in nearly four years and the unemployment rate the lowest it has been in nearly 18 years.
"President Trump is lying, even about good news", Lemon said.
"He just says, 'Well, I'm going to negotiate a better deal.' Well, what, how exactly are you going to negotiate that? And at some point somebody probably conveyed it to him adding a zero to that and they shouldn't have done that".
In a detailed presentation on Monday, top White House economist Kevin Hassett told reporters the world's largest economy turned a corner in the Trump era, pointing to sharp gains in business investment, business sentiment and corporate registrations.
Colin Kaepernick Unveils New Nike ‘Just Do It’ Ad
Kaepernick sat or kneeled during the anthem throughout the 2016 season and launched a movement of athletes doing the same. Colin Kaepernick is the face of a Nike advertising effort commemorating the 30th anniversary of its "Just Do It" motto.
"Since 1948, there have been 63 quarters with a GDP growth rate higher than avg quarterly unemployment rate", Fox News Research wrote in a tweet, listing the most recent quarters with GDP growth higher than the unemployment rate as Q2 2018 and Q1 2006.
He tweeted simply, "Happy Anniversary", captioning a video of the former Democratic presidential nominee speaking at a fundraiser in New York City, saying half of Donald Trump's supporters belong in a "basket of deplorables" characterized by "racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic" views. He said the "100 years" statement was a mistake Hassett himself could not explain. "I have to kind of remind them, actually, those job numbers are the same as they were in 2015 and 2016". Trump said Monday in a posting on Twitter.
They also occurred at the end of Mr Jimmy Carter's and at the start of Mr Ronald Reagan's - leaving Mr Trump and Mr Obama in an unusual tug of war for credit. After sharing this fact, Lemon played a clip of White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders dismissing Bob Woodward's new book, Fear: Trump In The White House, as "careless and reckless".
"It was 100% my fault and I apologized immediately", Hassett said, hand over his heart.
- Stunning space photos show 'nightmare' Hurricane Florence swirling over the Atlantic
- 4 dead, including gunman, in Cincinnati bank shooting
- Verdict: England given immediate perspective on where they stand by Spain’s display
- Tottenham's Heung-Min Son one game from military service exemption
- How the Umpire's Male Ego Ruined the US Open Women's Final
- Top Court's Historic Verdict: Homosexuality Decriminalised
- Trump thanks North Korea's Kim, says 'we will get it done together'
- Man arrested in extraordinary airport car chase
- Bob Woodward’s Book Reveals Startling Details About Trump’s Presidency: ‘We’re in Crazytown’
- Alex Jones squares off with Marco Rubio during press conference