Miller was pronounced dead at his San Fernando Valley home around noon on Friday.
The singer disabled comments on her Instagram photos so that the trolls could no longer post hateful remarks.
Meanwhile, among the stars who took to social media to acknowledge the sad death of their peer, there was his ex-girlfriend Ariana Grande who chose to post a picture of him, without a caption.
Childish Gambino took a moment to reflect on the death of Mac Miller during his concert in Chicago last night. "There are no further details as to the cause of his death at this time". The messages got so harsh that she had to disable the comments altogether.
Five people found dead in Australian city of Perth
Violent crime with multiple victims is rare in Australia but this was the second major incident in Western Australia this year. Western Australia assistant police commissioner Paul Steel said: "This is early and we've not yet fully examined the scene".
The two broke up back in May, and her initial statement read: 'This is one of my best friends in this world and my favorite people on the planet.
Unfortunately, many news sources used his recent break up with vocalist Ariana Grande as a talking point in the artist's death.
Ariana was also previously blamed for Mac's auto crash less than a week after their break-up, when he fled the scene after wrecking his vehicle while under the influence of alcohol.
Mac Miller, whose real name is Malcolm James McCormick, had struggled with substance abuse in the past.
He told Rolling Stone when the album came out: "Have I done drugs?" At the time, she said: "Of course I didn't share how hard or scary it was while it was happening, but it was". I love him, and we are all thinking about him, we miss him very much, ' he added. Khalifa tweeted, "Praying for Mac's family and that he rest easy". "We were together for two years", he told Zane Lowe on Beats 1 on Apple Music in July. Her new, high profile relationship has been one of the biggest celebrity stories of the summer - she and Pete Davidson were engaged just months after she and Mac went their separate ways.
- International Space Station pressure holding steady after leak
- Seahawks-Raiders to play at Wembley as Tottenham stadium isn’t ready
- Top Court's Historic Verdict: Homosexuality Decriminalised
- Jose Mourinho backs 'focused' Alexis Sanchez to improve
- Google Pixel Watch delayed as Google focuses on Wear OS
- Tropical Storm Gordon could strengthen into a weak hurricane
- Serena Williams reveals why she won’t be celebrating her daughter's first birthday
- Colin Kaepernick Unveils New Nike ‘Just Do It’ Ad
- Trump says Sessions safe in job at least until November elections
- Papadopoulos Sentenced To 14 Days In Prison