Tiger Woods reads the 12th green during the first round of the 2018 Wells Fargo Championship at Quail Hollow Club on May 3, 2018 in Charlotte, North Carolina. His best 9-hole score was a 28 in the 2007 Tour Championship, and his 29 on Thursday matched four other instances, most recently at the WGC Mexico in 2006. He was 1-over after eight and made his first birdie of the day on No. 9.
Woods, who started his day on the 10th hole, sank five birdies in addition to an eagle at the par-5 16th to shoot a 29 on his first nine holes of the week.
"I've got to make birdies over the weekend". It looked like all the putts were going to go in, but they didn't go in today. Check in for highlights from every tournament plus player interviews, player profiles, tournament previews, swing analysis and all the greatest shots and awesome moments.
Still, but for a few narrow misses with a putter that had been so steady Thursday, Woods would've drawn close to Schauffele.
Rockets Trade Ryan Anderson to Suns for Chriss, Knight
Houston had been attempting to trade Anderson-who will make $41.7 million over the next two seasons-for well over a year . The deal, first reported by ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski on Thursday night , was made official on Friday afternoon.
It is highly unlikely for the 35-year-old Oosthuizen to claim an elusive FedEx Cup title, as he must win both the BMW Championship and Tour Championships and rely on current leader Bryson DeChambeau to have consecutive poor finishes.
The 14-time major victor Woods and McIlroy have a one-stroke lead after both shot eight-under 62 which marked the American's best PGA first round since the 1999 Byron Nelson Classic.
After a 15-minute wait on the tee at the difficult par-3 No. 8-a 246-yarder that has played as the third-hardest par 3 on the PGA Tour since 2011-Woods tugged a 4-iron long and left, leading to an awkward chip and, eventually, his first bogey of the day. "I'm not going to say it stings too bad because I'd much rather shoot 62 today and win the golf tournament Sunday than shoot 59 today and maybe not win".
- UAE, Saudi Arabia may have committed war crimes in Yemen: UN experts
- Tropical Storm Gordon Heads for the Gulf
- Bob Woodward’s Book Reveals Startling Details About Trump’s Presidency: ‘We’re in Crazytown’
- Tottenham's Heung-Min Son one game from military service exemption
- Puerto Rico raises Hurricane Maria death toll to 2,975
- International Space Station pressure holding steady after leak
- Serena Williams reveals why she won’t be celebrating her daughter's first birthday
- Son Heung-min sends message to Mauricio Pochettino Asian Games win
- Papadopoulos Sentenced To 14 Days In Prison
- Trump says Sessions safe in job at least until November elections