Sources have confirmed that the Dallas Cowboys have upped their offer to the Seattle Seahawks for Pro Bowl safety Earl Thomas from a third-round pick to a second-round pick and were still turned down.
Dallas was trying all offseason to try and land Thomas, but unfortunately for them, things didn't get done.
"I worked my whole life for this", Thomas posted.
Tropical Storm Gordon could strengthen into a weak hurricane
It is about 1,205 miles west-northwest of the Cabo Verde Islands and about 1,300 miles east-northeast of the Lesser Antilles. A storm surge warning has been issued for the area stretching from Shell Beach, Louisiana, to Dauphin Island, Alabama.
In Thomas' absence, the Seahawks have been preparing to start 2017 fourth-round pick Tedric Thompson at free safety.
The news may come much to the dismay of Cowboys fans, many of whom have yearned for Thomas since he approached head coach Jason Garrett following a December game in Arlington with a simple message: "Come get me".
Thomas doesn't likely want to sit out all season, and he nearly undoubtedly wouldn't, but the Seahawks have until the NFL's trade deadline to continue fining him and collecting the money from all of the games and practices he's skipping. He also would have to report by midseason to avoid his contract tolling, meaning if he did not play this season he would still be under contract to Seattle in 2019.
"Father Time may have an undefeated record but best believe I plan on taking him into triple overtime when it comes to my career", Thomas wrote.
- Google Pixel 3 XL supposedly photographed after being left in a taxi
- Rockets Trade Ryan Anderson to Suns for Chriss, Knight
- John McCain Aide Reads Senator's Final Message To America
- Bob Woodward’s Book Reveals Startling Details About Trump’s Presidency: ‘We’re in Crazytown’
- NIck Foles Expected To Start The Philadelphia Eagles' Season Opener
- Serena Williams reveals why she won’t be celebrating her daughter's first birthday
- Son Heung-min sends message to Mauricio Pochettino Asian Games win
- Seahawks-Raiders to play at Wembley as Tottenham stadium isn’t ready
- Trump makes trade announcement at the White House, possibly on NAFTA deal
- Google Pixel Watch delayed as Google focuses on Wear OS