Foles took 214 first-team reps.
But the news that Foles is the starter isn't really surprising.
Foles started the Eagles' last game that counted too.
Australia's new PM announces Cabinet
Steve Ciobo and Chirstopher Pyne are both being weighed up as a possible candidates for Ms Bishop's foreign affairs portfolio. In a statement , Ms Bishop said she had advised Prime Minister Scott Morrison of her decision.
Philadelphia has something of a quarterback controversy underfoot, with Carson Wentz not quite 100 percent from the knee injury that forced him to miss the end of last season. Having a quality backup quarterback proved to be invaluable for the Eagles in 2017 as Foles stepped in and helped clinch the win in Los Angeles to secure the NFC East title for the Eagles.
Last week, Pederson announced he would make his decision on September 31, the day after their final preseason game, but would not tell anyone except his team until he would be forced to reveal it the day of the game. It was the Super Bowl, and he won MVP leading the team to a championship.
Two reports over the weekend made him change his thinking. Pederson, in the middle of a testy news conference Sunday, admitted Carson Wentz hadn't even been cleared for contact. It isn't. Wentz not playing in Week 1 doesn't make how he looked the past few weeks mean any less.
Wentz would not be able to play without medical clearance for contact, so the revelation that he has not been cleared would suggest he will be out on Thursday.
That could have been the real source of Pederson's frustration, considering he has seen what everyone else has whenever Wentz takes the field for practice: A game-ready, franchise player who says he's ready to go and proves it every day. NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Saturday the Eagles were planning to start Foles. It's Foles, and that's just fine with the Eagles. You must hear this!
- Seahawks-Raiders to play at Wembley as Tottenham stadium isn’t ready
- Google Pixel Watch delayed as Google focuses on Wear OS
- Jose Mourinho backs 'focused' Alexis Sanchez to improve
- National Enquirer Executives Had Safe Containing Dirt on Trump
- Trump candidate, Democrat underdog to vie for Florida governor’s seat
- Prolific playwright Neil Simon dead at 91
- Inbound Australian PM Scott Morrison gives his first address
- New Apple iPad Pro rumors: Face ID, smaller bezels, price prediction
- Tottenham's Heung-Min Son one game from military service exemption
- Verizon Throttled Data During Deadly Wildfire in California