Kaepernick will be one of the faces of Nike's 30th anniversary of the "Just Do It" campaign. "Even it means sacrificing everything". Kaepernick sat or kneeled during the anthem throughout the 2016 season and launched a movement of athletes doing the same.
The campaign represents a strong commitment by Nike, which wasn't sure how to promote Kaepernick in recent years as he became a divisive figure.
ESPN reported that Nike signed Kaepernick to an endorsement deal in 2011, and has maintained that contract since then.
The NFL season will start Thursday, and Kaepernick remains unsigned.
Inbound Australian PM Scott Morrison gives his first address
Mr Turnbull confirmed he will be leaving politics, but when exactly that will be is not yet known. "I love Australia . Foreign Minister Julie Bishop was also in the running for the leadership, but did not make it to the final round.
"We believe Colin is one of the most inspirational athletes of this generation, who has leveraged the power of sport to help move the world forward", said Gino Fisanotti, a Nike vice president of brand for North America, according to ESPN. The former quarterback began opting out of standing during "The Star-Spangled Banner" in the 2016 pre-season, and continued kneeling throughout the season, with other players from numerous teams doing the same. After all, it's worth noting that Nike and the National Football League just re-upped their partnership with Nike providing uniforms and apparel for every National Football League team.
But the league and union put that on hold after the Miami Dolphins faced backlash for classifying the protests as conduct potentially detrimental to the team - putting players at risk of fines or suspensions.
The new Nike adverts, which were unveiled just days before the kick-off of the 2018 National Football League season, show a portrait of Kaepernick with the slogan: "Believe in something".
Following the controversy, franchise owners agreed a new policy that requires plays to stand for the national anthem if they are on the field.
But other reaction on Twitter was negative.
- International Space Station pressure holding steady after leak
- WestJet cancels Hawaii flights due to Hurricane Lane
- Militants in Idlib planning ‘false flag’ chemical attack: Russian MoD
- Google Pixel Watch delayed as Google focuses on Wear OS
- Jose Mourinho backs 'focused' Alexis Sanchez to improve
- John McCain Aide Reads Senator's Final Message To America
- Sacha Baron Cohen targets O.J. Simpson in ‘Who Is America?’ finale
- Trump candidate, Democrat underdog to vie for Florida governor’s seat
- Son Heung-min sends message to Mauricio Pochettino Asian Games win
- Rockets Trade Ryan Anderson to Suns for Chriss, Knight