A tropical wave moving through the Caribbean is set to bring heavier rain and storms to the area for part of the Labor Day weekend.
"The depression is becoming better organized, and it will most likely reach tropical storm status in the next several hours", the National Hurricane Center advisory stated.
If this moves into the Gulf of Mexico, we may have to watch it for potential tropical development as well.
The potential tropical cyclone still has winds of 35 miles per hour.
This will lead to an increase in rip currents along with posing a hazard to small craft.
According to Met Éireann, however, reports of a tropical storm headed Ireland's way in the coming weeks are somewhat premature, for the time being at least and likely to be wide of the mark.
Militants in Idlib planning ‘false flag’ chemical attack: Russian MoD
During a public session on Syria at the United Nations on Tuesday, Russia denied any possibility of a chemical attack in Idlib by the Syrian government.
Though it may soon become Tropical Storm Florence, it may not make it to hurricane strength. But even though it will should become the season's next tropical storm, it's got nothing to do with the soaking Florida will probably get next week.
The storm will remain over open water for now and will be monitored for any significant changes in intensity or movement. First, whether or not this system continues to encounter less wind shear as it approaches the Gulf of Mexico.
Met Éireann, Ireland's national forecaster, do not issue long-range forecasts and therefore can not confirm the possible storm.
Along with more consistency among other forecast models, it is looking more like this tropical wave moves out of the Caribbean and toward the Florida straights over the Labor Day Weekend.
The system that requires a closer look is a second tropical wave forecast to push off the African coast around Tuesday or Wednesday of next week.
After Florence, the next name on the 2018 storm list is Gordon.
- Trump makes trade announcement at the White House, possibly on NAFTA deal
- Google Pixel Watch delayed as Google focuses on Wear OS
- UAE, Saudi Arabia may have committed war crimes in Yemen: UN experts
- Australia's new PM announces Cabinet
- Slow-witted and blinkered: Moscow slams 'aggressive' United States sanctions, vows response
- New managers Emery and Pellegrini scrap for first point
- National Enquirer Executives Had Safe Containing Dirt on Trump
- Inbound Australian PM Scott Morrison gives his first address
- Former Nazi Concentration Camp Guard Deported To Germany
- West Nile Virus Found In Washington County